Thread: Stapling frames

Seems like I've discussion here on stapling instead of nailing frames together; anyone give me more info? got quite a few to put together asap (hope they get here tomorrow) & nailing seems to bee the slowest part. I have a "regular" staple gun; says it'll take up to 9/16" staples. Will this work or do I need something that takes longer staples? Any tips, info appreciated! This will bee cross posted to bee forum & some Yahoo groups so you may see it more than once.

Thanks!

Lew

Lew,

I tried a standard electric stapler with 9/16" and urethane glue with OK results. On wiring 200 frames I had 5 come apart when bottom bar was bowed.

I bought an air powered Senco 1/4" crown stapler and use 1" long staples. I guess I was not confident with the 9/16" staples.

I initially used Elmers Titebond Urethane glue and was disappointed. I made a strawberry pyramid and had the glue fail after 6 months exterior exposure. I am bac to Gorilla Glue brand.

I use a 1/4" crown stapler with 1" staples and have had no problems..........one on top, one on bottom, and one from the side into the top bar........holds strong
    You have to stop and smell the roses......but please watch out for my bees.
    www.johnwaynehoney.com

I bought one of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40116

It rocked; I put together some frames like fast.

1" staples and the brads are interesting to use too.

You have to have a compressor but I am lucky I do at my art studio.

With the frame holder jig you can get plans for I think I could make short work of a hundred frames in no time.
    I used yellow glue, and I have yet to go to the gorilla glue, but that is next.

I use an air driven crown stapler and glue. Takes a couple of frames to get the depth adjusted, but after that it's pretty fast. I didn't soak the ends like I had to when nailing and had no problems with splitting.
    I noticed that the trick was lining up the work pieces in the correct order. I lay the top bar down upside down and apply glue to the ends, then stab the side bars on. Then I install the plastic foundation, apply glue to the exposed ends, and set the bottom bar on. Nail the bottom bar to the side bars, flip it over, nail the top. Then wipe any excess glue and set aside to dry. Once I got into the rhythm of it I found that the frames were more solid with much less damage than when I nailed. Your mileage may vary.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Thanx guys

Went to the local HF store & got a pleasant surprise; the above mentioned stapler/nailer rang up at 19.99 instead of 29.99!

Lew