Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EZ Frames

Anyone had any luck with the Dadant EZ frames? I bought some a few weeks ago and have not had a lot of sucess with them. Even when misting them with HBH.

This spring I tried them by putting in 5 frames in 3 suppers and 5 wood frames. The wood frames all had the foundation pulled fully and filled and capped but the E-Z frames were only pulled halfway out and capped. This happened in 3 diferent hives.
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964

Glad to see you guys still wasting money, time, beepower and honey on all that plastic frames and foundations cr*p. Will make it easier to sell my crop at a good price, made on good old fashioned wood and wax combs.....what do they say ? A sucker is born every minute ?

Well,I tried a couple thousand pierco plastic frames last year,and just ordered a few thousand more.Yep I just love throwing money away.Putting frames in a super right out of the box sure isnt as much fun as nailing and wiring thousands of frames.

Ya me too, plastic is just to simple
    I was thinkin that I really don't have enough to do , so I was thinkin of going back to wood and wax
    then I'll something to do with all that extra time!

I bought 2 boxes of Pierco frames this spring.Thought my wife& kids would see a little more of me(due to the time I was going to save).
    I seem to spend MORE time when sliding frames back together because the darn bees get into the tiny holes on the sides of the end bars,I can't intentionaly crush them.
    I did think about trying to fill that lattice work with bees wax.
    I picked up a 100 wood frames on Sat. with Pierco founation.
    I think I'll try the plastic frames in some bait hives.
    A strong colony draws them out O.K.

I like the plastic EZ frames. They come out of the box and go in the hive. I don't really worry too much about squishing those the get in the cracks.

i'd certainly like to see more improvement on the plastic frames.

most of my frames are around 30 years old.
    \"You\'ve got to stop beating up your women because you can\'t find a job, because you didn\'t want to get an education and now you\'re (earning) minimum wage.\"<br /><br />-Bill Cosby

where is the best place to order some of these plastic frames??
    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

2nd year I've tried to get them to draw the EZ-frames. I used a very strong hive. They'll draw my ritecell and pierco but still won't draw my EZ-frames...

I think I've got about 30 9 1/8" of them.... I'd trade them for some med frames or supers... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dan
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

Dadant is where I got mine.

betterbee sells Pierco frames
    there is a company that sells some that are allmost as good but they are made in china
    and they had some kind of warehouse dirt on them
    and my bees don't like them even when I put scented sugar water on them
    I would stay with a major name made in usa

Thanks ODFRANK. Plastic is nothing but c---. I just picked up 20 colonies from a guy. He hated these bees as they wouldn't produce nothing. Double deeps. What was inside?? Plastic!!! 1/2 drawn, skipps, and just worthless space left untouched. 20 frames inside but maybe actually 10 space wise. Want fast and easy?? This isn't beekeeping, this is paying a big price for junk. I spend the winter time framing and wiring. Sheet wise I get almost 100% brood production.

Smile

Like it or not Everyone has an opinion.But I do agree that Dadants EZ-Frames are junk. even with coating with fresh beeswax the bees would not work it right. BUT the Pierco frames I coated were drawn out almost perfect. You can't convince most people of your point of view that ALL plastic is junk as it depends on the way we keep bees and what suits YOUR NEEDS in keeping them.
    As we travel through this Life we must experence what is ahead,try new things. we only learn what works for us if we Work at it.that is my opinoin

I have some pictures of a few packages from this spring that I put on Pierco frames. They built it better than some of my wax frames. Picture of drone frame fully drawn and full of brood too.

I am not buying any more wax or wood frames.

http://photos.yahoo.com/toddzeiner
    Todd Zeiner

Jon, N6VC/5

I am new to the hobby, so excuse my ignorance, but I have heard that bees dont take to plastic frames if there are other types in the hive.

Can i buy a nuc of bees and stick them in a borrd box with all Pierco one-piece frames and they would just get used to it?

thanks

well I have all peirco frames in mine and they are all drawn out fine, I did a few removals this year and put there comb in empty wood frames ( rubberband them ) and then installed them in-between pierco frames and they drew them out fine to, so as for me I love the pierco 1 piece frame and foundation and will continue to buy them, but some will always like wood and others plastic.
    Ted

thanks ted, i will give them a try

&gt;Can i buy a nuc of bees and stick them in a borrd box with all Pierco one-piece frames and they would just get used to it?

If they have no where else to draw comb they will draw it. Once they draw it they will use it the same as wax.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast