I have a lot of cans of interior latex paint and instead of tossing them out I thought I might use it on nuc boxes. Anybody know how well the interior latex will hold up outside.

Well... it is called interior for a reason [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    It may work as long as you keep it out of the weather and are willing to repaint fairly often. In all likely hood it will be more trouble than it is worth.
    If you really like the color of your paint, you may be able to give it a coat or two followed by a coat of UV / Weather protestent clear varnish.

just my $.02
    -Robert<br /><a href=\"http://photos.bobsbees.com\" target=\"_blank\">Photos and Such</a>

&gt;Anybody know how well the interior latex will hold up outside.

I see no problem with it at all, it should hold up a long time. In the interior of your hive.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

interior paint has no uv resistance and will breakdown in a single season of sun and rain, leaving you with a spotty mess and a lot of peeling paint.
    Stuart

Don't use it.......... You will find you wasted your time and paint.

Check and see if your community has a drop off for hazordous material like paint. You can drop off your interior and help yourself to exterior paints other folks left behind.

I'm just preaching to the choir but I'm with everyone else. Painting equipment is one of the real annoying parts of this business. It's worth it do it right. Most counties in NY have a hazardous waste pick up day and Sundance is right, you can get rid of what you have and get paint that will work, usually in some really unique colors. Call your County Soil & Water Conservation District, they usually schedule the day in NY&gt;