I'm looking to buy a honey pump to move honey from my clarifyer to my tanks. The distance will be about 15 feet with an 8 ft lift. Around 15 to 20 K of honey a year, no inline filter(just a strainer bag on end of the line). Since they are incredibly expensive I wanted to get some educated opinions from everyone on what they are using and what setup problems I should expect.
    Thanks!

Hey Joel

Just sent you a rivate message

Lew

Thanks everone for the info and the PM's. Lew let me know what you find out price wise. Ron, I've considered the one you spoke of and am glad to hear how dependable they are. I already have the 1/2 HP motor. I think that unit is very similar to the type mentioned in the link from dcross. Have a great honey season and thanks again.

Hey Joel

I have more info now; send me your email address so I can send you some pix, etc. Mine is bcl at grandecom dot net.

Thanks

Lew

Lew, hit our homepage button at the top of this post and click on the e-mail link. I'll be looking for it, thanks!

Thanx Joel

Sent pix, etc. your way.

Lew

I am also looking for a Honey pump. They are very expensive. I would like just the pump and will put it all together myself. If anyone knows of a good pump please let me Know.
    Thanks Jack

Does anyone know if a pump used in a dairy to move milk would work for honey?

It might; if it's a gear pump probably so. The one I have for sale I thought was a milk pump (has fittings for a pipeline milker on it) but when I called the manufacturer they had info for honey; can be used for any food related liquid (stainless steel). Best bet porbably to call the Manufacturer; this one is Alfa Laval; real helpful; gave me all the data (volume, pressure, speed to turn, etc.).

Lew