I searched and DCross was the only one to make a comment on these inexpensive extractors. I am considering purchasing one but don't want to get duped. Any thoughts or opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

In my opinion, don't bother. There's nothing wrong with them, but if a two framer is big enough, you don't really need an extractor.

Having said that, I now own three extractors Two of them are plastic; and if you want one, I'm sure we can work something out.

I am certainly interested...

Please email me the particulars.

chemistbert at yahoo dot com

My theory is if you don't need a 9/18 (or Jims version, two 9s) then you really don't need an extractor. You need a double bucket strainer.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I have a 3-6, and I think I will find it to be very useful. I don't have a huge operation, yet... I hope to be up to 15 hives by the end of the season, but it just kills be to be destroying this perfect combs. I figure it will pay for itself in a few years on the basis of increased honey production, not to mention the time it will save me. Crush and strain just took me way too much time.

justgojumpit

I guess I'm not convinced the crush and strain is any slower than extracting. Maybe on a large scale, but not on a small one.

If you can find a 3/6 cheap enough maybe it's worth it, but a 9/18 isn't much different in price from a 3/9 or even smaller.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF