Okay I admit I'm a tad slow! I found the site for beeworks and took a look at the pic of the rapid feeder that Michael talks about.
    I see what appears like a cup,bowl and lid.
    How does it work?
    The light just doens't want to seem to click on!

The syrup goes in the "cake pan" part. I'd guess you're calling that the "bowl". The part in the middle of the pan, that makes it look like an angel food cake pan is where the bees come up. The "cup" goes over that which prevents the bees from coming out, but allows them to climb down the outside of the cone down to the level of the syrup. The lid goes on top of it all to keep the syrup from drying out and other insects frome easily getting in. You open the top of the hive, remove the lid and pour in the syrup to refill it. No bees to face because they can't get to you, they can only get to the syrup.

In function it pretty much a miller feeder as I understand it, just without the special box. I haven't used them, but would expect them to work just as well (perhaps a bit better even.)

Cool

I bought two of these and they work great. No drowned bees; easy & fast to work. The only problem is they cost too much (about $11 each)! So I make my own rapid-feeder that holds more syrup (cost about $2 each).

Okay, I ain't that slow! I'll bite!
    Would you care to share with us how you make a rapid feeder for $2?
    Thank-you

Cool

I buy a 4" deep X 6" wide X 14" long clear plastic container with a snap-on lid. These are kind-of like tupperware containers but much cheaper ($1 each at Big Lots store). Next I cut a 1 1/4" hole in the center of the bottom using a hole-cutter type drill bit. I insert a threaded 3 1/2" long X 1 1/4" diameter plastic pipe thru the hole and secure tight with 2 X 1 1/4" conduit nuts (one inside the container and one on the bottom). Then I use melted beeswax to seal it and also coat both the inside and outside of the pipe so that its not too slippery for the bees. Next I fashion a screen cage (using scrap pieces of #8 hardware cloth soldered together) that's about 1 3/4" in diameter by 3 3/4" long. I put this over the pipe on the inside of the container (to keep bees from drowning and from flying during refills). I put this contraption over a hole in the inner cover, fill it with syrup and put on the lid.

Next time I make one I take pictures and post on my web site.

Great db, and thanks for sharing. Hey,a picture is worth a thousand words too. I'd be interested in seeing that feeder.