Ok, I have a metal mouseguard, and I was wondering whats a good way to attach it??

There are a variety of them. The end result needs to be that the bees can get in and the mice can't.

If it's one of the angled pieces of tin with holes in it, I'd put it on the front of the hive with one side flat on the landing board and the other side flat on the hive and tack, staple, nail or screw it there. Make sure the holes are lined up with the opening of the hive.

If it's a flat piece of tin, put it on the hive with the bottom of tin towards the botom board. Make sure you have 1/4" gap at the bottom so the bees can get in and no more so the mice can't. Again, nail, screw or staple it in place.

If it's a flat piece of tin with a notch, then the notch should be the right size so put it on the hive with the bottom of the tin resting on the bottom board.

jfischer Guest

Plain old 1/4-inch mesh from the hardware
    store is a heck of a lot easier and
    cheaper to use.

Either stapled to the hive front,
    or cut the the same width as an entrance
    reducer, maybe 3 inches long, and folded
    lengthwise into a "V" shape, and then
    shoved into the entrance.

Works great, costs about $0.10 per hive.

1/4" hardware cloth is also what I use. It works perfectly. Bees get through easily and mice cannot.

Yes. the 1/4 hardware is good and cheap (lol)I have used it for many year using a stapler to fasten it. I bend the hardware cloth into and L shape and staple to the hive and to the BB. I tried the metal entrance reducer/ mouse guards from betterbee last year to play around with they are nice but costly, takes work good to hold them in place.

Clay

Yes. the 1/4 hardware is good and cheap (lol)I have used it for many year using a stapler to fasten it. I bend the hardware cloth into and L shape and staple to the hive and to the BB. I tried the metal entrance reducer/ mouse guards from betterbee last year to play around with they are nice but costly, takes work good to hold them in place.

Clay