Hey, All,
    I've been wanting to breed a queen of mine, but need to start at the "Queen rearing for Dumbies" level. so I thought I would make a push-in queen cage for myself so that I could time the laying of the eggs. But can't afford a 100' roll of #8 just yet. Also, can't find one in any of the current supply magazines. So, 1) anyone know have a link to a cataloge selling these? 2) Anyone have an alternative plan for making one (ie 1/4" holes drilled into a Certs tin) and 3) Anyone interested in selling me a bit of #8, enough to make a couple of these?

Thanks,
    WayaCoyote

I've got a roll of #8

How big of a square do you need?

Fortunately we've got a local hardware store that carries the stuff and sells it by the foot and 50' roll. I've got plenty on hand after making screened bottom boards and would be happy to send you some.

Thanks guys,
    Michael Bush located the Queen introduction cages at BetterBee for me (I had looked, but didn't see it myself). I'll just grab a couple of those, restrict the queen for a day or so to time her laying, and transfer the frame to a nuc for queen-rearing.

I really appreciate the quick and ernest replies.
    Wayacoyote

http://www.beesource.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000183.html

Topbarguy has some second hand ones.