I was wondering if the waxed foundation is that much better than the unwaxed? I’m looking at the BEE BASICS unwaxed; it has a deeper plastic cell than the waxed Permadent or Pierco foundation. What works for you guys?

Waxed is MUCH better. Unless you want to wax it yourself. But I haven't tried John Seet's solution on unwaxed plastic (he's doing it on PermaComb), which is to spray it with Honey Bee Healthy syrup.

Honeyboy, I know the foundation you are talking about. Really wax or unwax makes little difference. The smell of the wax draws the bees to the frames, so I suppose it helps. But in reference to the deeper cell foundation(BEE BASICS foundation), slightly deeper than percio frames, the test b/t wax and unwax shows little to no difference. It is the deeper cell that attracts the bee to the frame and draws out quite quicker. The deeper cell also helps eliminate missdrawn frames. Sounds very promising. I have not used the foundation yet, but I am planning to incorperate it to replace rendered frames. I dont know of any complete frames of this type. I wish percio had slightly deeper cell walls.

Ian