Thread: Bee Escape

Greeting's Everone:On getting bee's out of the honey house durning extracting.that was brought in the super's,has anyone got a good plan?

also does anyone know where you may get the Porter honey house bee escape?
    or do they even still make them? read about them in the book abc-xyz book 36 edition.>>>>Mark

The best way to get bees out is buy some QMP (bee boost) and put it in a nuc near or in a window (if there is one) and the bees will collect there when they smell the pheromone.

If you don't want to spend the money try just old dark comb in a nuc near the window.

The best bee escapes I've used are the triangular ones. I think there are plans on here, but some suppliers sell them.

Thank's Michael for the come back,
    But my main concern is getting the bee's out of the building & at the same time not letting the robber's back in.
    The Porter house escape is made for that.It connect's to the window screen some how.
    also the triangular that you was talking about. are they the one's that go's on the inner cover's?>>>>Mark

I'm taling, in both cases about an empty nuc inside near the window. The smell of some old brood comb or some pheromone and the light will draw them to the nuc. After you have them settled in the nuc you can take it outside and brush them off the frames and they will be happy to fly home.
    http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/gilmar/u...heromones.html

I put my supers in the garage and turn off the lites and leave a crack at the bottom of the door and most of them go to the lite, I know some BKs that put them in the honey house with a bugzaper lite,cruel but efectve