I have searched through the bulletin board and haven't found anything on the Hogg halfcomb cassettes. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I am curious if the bees work them readily, and whether there is any problem getting the corners filled out.

Thanks!

------------------
    Rob Koss

The President of our association has used them for years. He loves them and sells out of them every year. I have seen them and the corners look great the whole cassette looks great.

Thanks for the info - I am looking forward to trying them this year.

------------------
    Rob Koss

I haven't seen them. What are they like and where can I see them? Thanks

Eich,

It is a low effort comb honey system - the super is filled with plastic "cassettes" that have a foundation type base for the bees to draw on. You can see it in the Mann Lake catalog.

------------------
    Rob Koss

I perfer the ross rounds and had very good luck makeing and selling them. but try them and see how you like them buy one super of each to get hands one experence.
    good luck
    Don

An update on my experiment with the Hogg system: I put a Hogg Halfcomb cassette super on one of my colonies two weeks ago - checked it yesterday and it is about 3/4 finished. I was concerned as to whether the bees would work it but they seem to like it fine.

------------------
    Rob Koss

Final update on my experiment with the Hogg system. It worked great! The sections look nice, especially with the labels you can purchase with them. Bees drew them and filled them eagerly. Only drawback is the cost of the refills - over a dollar per section.

------------------
    Rob Koss