Thread: Honey Extractor

Would anyone have an opinion as to the best 4 frame extractor for the money?
    Jerry

I personally didn't think it was worth it until I could get a 9/18 radial. I just crushed the combs and strained for decades. Otherwise you're spinning out half of one half of the honey, reversing the combs, spinning out three fourths of that honey, reverse the combs, spin out the rest of that honey, reverse the combs and spin out the rest of the other side. Whew! I'm tired just saying it.

E-bay has a four frame motorized extractor up for bid. I think that it is at about $300 now, check it out.
    Earl

Question

I just purchased a used extractor,It's a kelly 12/21.& was wondering if anyone of you has one,my ? is on shallow frames with wire foundtion , do you need to cross wire it.so if any of you has any exp- with this extractor I'd be thankful for any info. mark....

Big Grin

I have experience with a Maxant 1400P. It does twenty frames, it's a radial.
    I have NEVER crosswired any size frame.
    I don't even crosswire the brood frames.
    I have extracted 9 inch, 6 inch and 5 inch frames with no problems. As long as you let the machine do it's job and not rush.

I have extracted shallows that had thin surplus foundation and mediums that had medium brood foundation and no wires in either with no problems.

I use 20 frame radials.Our honey is so thick here that if I dont use crimp wired foundation in a wired frame there will be too many blowouts when the combs are new.After a couple of seasons it doesnt matter as the combs get tougher.
    --Mike