Thread: extractor speed

Hybrid View

Question

This will be my first time extracting. I have a used basket-style extractor and when I plug it in, it reaches its peak rpm almost immediately (no variable speed). I have plastic foundation for my honey supers. Will this damage the comb & is there any way to adapt a variable speed control to the motor? thanks to anyone who can help.

That's pretty scary. Are you sure these is no way already provided to control the speed? A rheastat? A belt tightener? I've never used one that wasn't variable. I always start very slow and work my way up as the frames get lighter.

Big Grin

Craig
    Who is the manufactor of the extractor.
    Like Mike said, most have some sort of speed controll.

Wink

Thanks Honey House and Michael, turns our I just didn't know what I was doing when I was attempting to adjust the extractor speed. I can adjust the belt tension after all. thanks again- I'll keep learning as I go.

Glad you found the adjustment. That's why I mentioned the belt tightener. I thought you might be looking for rheostat. Not all of them work that way. I'm glad you asked instead of ruining some comb running at top speed.