Question

I am the collections assistant at a small museum, and we have just received a collection of antique beekeeping tools. The collection includes a comb section press and the comb sections used with it. I am looking for any information someone can give me on: how the comb section press was used (with the comb sections), as well as any information on beekeeping from the 1880s to the 1920s or 30s. Thank you very much.
    Vanessa

088sickels Guest

One of my many bee books (printed within the last 10 years) had a chapter by the author about making your own foundation press and then how to use it. I can't find which on it is but you should be able to search amazon.com or something similar for those words and find the book. If I run across it I'll repost here.
    Dave

Default Re: Comb Section Press

A good book would be 50 Years Among the Bees by C.C. Miller. There are several places on the Internet you can download it including here:
    http://www.soilandhealth.org/03sov/0...0408miller.PDF

Also contact this man,,, he writes articles for the American Bee journal and just had an article in the last couple of years and mentioned old section presses.... wmangum@umw.edu
    Hope this helps.
    Pastor Mike

Quote Originally Posted by vholcomb View Post
    I am the collections assistant at a small museum, and we have just received a collection of antique beekeeping tools. The collection includes a comb section press and the comb sections used with it. I am looking for any information someone can give me on: how the comb section press was used (with the comb sections), as well as any information on beekeeping from the 1880s to the 1920s or 30s. Thank you very much.
    Vanessa
    Bee a blessing to God and others.

If the season is right, we make basswood section comb honey. Why don't you PM me with details of what you want to know. Pictures would be good.

Roland Diehnelt
    Linden Apiary, Est. 1852
    5th gen commercial beekeeper.

I would like to see pics of the press too. Also if you could put in the deminsions, that would be great.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

I'm looking for basswood super and section assembly,in "everything honey"

I will try to take pictures at the museum tomorrow.

ROland

I have a picture, how do I attach it?

Roland

upload it to a free photo cite and then post a direct link. Just copy and paste the link.
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping