Anybody have some instructions on how exactly to use FGMO for treating mites on bees? This is a very new subject for me. Do you just fill the fogger with FGMO and then fog up the hives? How long do you do that for? Do I need to wear a mask so I don't inhale any of it?

Does a fogger just make everything turn into a fine mist? How does it work?
    What exactly is the reason for using FGMO? Does the mist from the fogger put the oil all over the bees so they get greasy and the mites slip off of them and fall down?

How about this formula found at http://www.beesource.com/pov/rodriguez/abjsept2003.htm
    FGMO/thymol Formula Ingredients
    1 liter FGMO
    1 kilo honey
    1 kilo beeswax
    100 grams thymol
    100 sections one meter long x 5mm each cotton cords (or 6/32 in. welt cords)
    50 mls 90 degrees or higher ethyl alcohol

Would you need to wear a mask while fogging using this formula? What is the point of using beeswax and honey in that formula?

>Anybody have some instructions on how exactly to use FGMO for treating mites on bees?

When I used one, I just used mineral oil laxitive in the fogger and foggeed.

> This is a very new subject for me. Do you just fill the fogger with FGMO and then fog up the hives?

Exactly. Some people add thymol. I have not.

> How long do you do that for?

Pull the lid and fog until it comes out the inner cover hole. Once you get a feel for how much that is, you can leave the lid on.

> Do I need to wear a mask so I don't inhale any of it?

Inhaling oil is not good. A little isn't a big deal but a lot over a long period of time is. I just made sure I stood upwind.

>Does a fogger just make everything turn into a fine mist? How does it work?

Basically it vaporized (from the heat) the oil. In other words the oil boils into a vapor.
    What exactly is the reason for using FGMO? Does the mist from the fogger put the oil all over the bees so they get greasy and the mites slip off of them and fall down?

How about this formula found at http://www.beesource.com/pov/rodriguez/abjsept2003.htm
    FGMO/thymol Formula Ingredients

>1 liter FGMO
    1 kilo honey
    1 kilo beeswax
    100 grams thymol
    100 sections one meter long x 5mm each cotton cords (or 6/32 in. welt cords)
    50 mls 90 degrees or higher ethyl alcohol

This is for the cords. I never used them but they will keep the bees in contact with the FGMO over a longer period of time.

>Would you need to wear a mask while fogging using this formula?

You can't fog that formula. You soak the cords and put them on the top bars.

> What is the point of using beeswax and honey in that formula?

To make the FGMO last longer and make it attractive to the bees.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Samac
    Firstly all credit must go to Dr.Pedro Pabalo Rodriguez a retired Veterinary Medical Doctor in the research/development of the protocols for the use of FGMO as a alternative varroa control.

I spent some 3 years researching/liasing with Dr.Rodriguez in my preperation to have FGMO approved for use in New Zealand bee hives,when used to a registered code of practice.

The fogger uses ULV technology (ultra low volume)
    and delivers a fog of 15 micron average particle size.It's not a mist nor is it a spray.A very small amount of product delivers a very large volume of fog.

FGMO is an excellent vehicle to deliver other additives in miniscal quantities that other researchers are slow to pick up on.

The honey in the emulsion acts as an atractant for the bees,where as the bees wax acts as the emulsifier.

It is impotant to follow all Health and Safety instructions and the Burgess 1443 fogger comes with a comprhensive operators manual and factory backup support.

I will send you a private message.
    BOB