Thread: WARNING

Angry

A warning from Dr. R about Thymol
    Dear Brothers Jim and Clint.
    This is hoping that you and your families are doing well under the protective guidance of Our Lord Jesus.
    As you can see from this e-mail, there is an urgent need for those of you who still visit the forum to warn people about deceptive deals on the internet. This is just one source. There are many other dealers but all of them are out there to make a killing from beekepers. They must be warned about purchasing pure plant, granualr thymol (100 grams for $20.00 aprx).
    This way they can get the right kind of FGMO and make the formulation at home and save hundreds of dollars. Beekeepers should be warned that synthetic thymol does not seem to work as well as prue plant extract thymol.
    Please keep in touch with me since I do not visit the forum.
    Very best regards and God bless.
    Pedro

Proclaiming The Lord´s expression and creation with our honey bees.

Clint
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964

Thymovar is a synthetic Thymol product from Andermatt BioVet AG Switzerland
    Apiguard is made by Vita UK and a synthetic Thymol jelly product.
    Apilife Var the a combination of synthetic Thymol, eucalyptus oil, & menthol

Synthetic Thymol products available in the following countries.

Albania, Belgium, Chile, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, England, Finland, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Korea, Latvia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Slovenia, Turkey, USA.

IMOÂ… if synthetic Thymol wouldnÂ’t work, more or less, nobody would buy it.

There is a good deal but only for the USÂ…Â… to bad. I checked the website for Thymol http://www.members.shaw.ca/orioleln there is an 800 number in the US for Thymol, 1000grams / 1kg for 50$ (enough for 45 colonies) and not 100grams for20$.

Welcome back Clinton
    Here are a couple of shots of the results of natural equivalant thymol (synthetic) crystals here in New Zealand.These have been imported from Germany and the importer sells at NZ$40 per kilogram.There is no plant thymol availiable here in New Zealand to my knowledge.The trials for thymol crystal registration in New Zealand were run with natural equivalent thymol from the same importer.The sticky board in this photo was removed today (wrapped for field-day this coming weekend) after 48 hours of evaporation of crystals from the same importer.The importer supplied a full product data sheet for this product.This is the result after the first 48 hours of the second 7 day treatment.This result is from a solar evaporator that I have under development.The thymol mixture under life testing in the photo was crystal clear 10 months ago when mixed and has now finally changed in colour to gold yet there is no sediment after that time.Compared to the original arroma when mixed 10 months ago it has degraded.

http://tinyurl.com/nfxk6

[size="1"][ February 28, 2006, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: Bob Russell ][/size]
    BOB

More from Dr. R
    Thanks for posting the information on the forum. People must be made to realize a couple of things.
    1. Too much thymol is not good for the queens. They stop laying!
    2. To little thymol is no good because it does not have enough umph to kill the mites.
    3. It has taken me 7 long tedious years to develop the strength of the formulation for it to be effective and not harm the normal environment of the hive. And also very important, no residues!
    4. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the strength of the thymol in that ad. One third of an ounze of thymol is nothing! At that strength, beekeepers would have to invest $104.00 to add up to 9.45 grams, that is just under one tenth of the recommended formula that I have developed. I feel sorry for people who will get caught in that trap because they will be spending money for nothing, and worst of all, they will claiming that FGMO/thymol does not work. Of course not! Not if they don´t follow the instructions which have taken me so many hours of careful evaluation. I may not be what "the scientific community" considers to be a scientist, but believe me, I have a life-long professional career which many of them wished they would have.
    Pedro
    Clint
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964

Thanks Clent
    Good to hear from Doc Rod!
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Thanks Clint for posting e-mail from Pedro. Its good to know these things. Take care JJ