Thread: Fogging and SHB

Finally started my fogging program yesterday. I'm kind of excited and kind of nervous. While I am confident in what I have read here so far, I am still feeling like I need to keep my fingers crossed.

About SHB, has anyone heard what Dr. R.'s results have been? I know he was supposed to release some info, wondering if I missed it. My thinking is that FGMO will result in hives strong enough to reduce the SHB to a non problem. Just a guess.

------------------
    Rob Koss

BILLY BOB Guest

I'm not far from ya Rob. Fogging has worked great for the last 2 years I've been doing it. I'm not sure what Dr. R's results are. Are the SHB a bad problem in S. Alabama?

BB

Not yet, BB. But I assume they will be at some point. What procedures are you using with your fogging - once a week, or less often? Are you using the cords or just fogging alone?

------------------
    Rob Koss

BILLY BOB Guest

The SHB hasn't been a real problem in N. Georgia, but in S. Georgia....well I wouldn't want to live there. SHB realy like the sandy soil. We have mostly red clay here. hard for the larva to dig into before the fire ants get them.

As far as fogging. I am trying to work with some SMR queens. I have several hives that I haven't fogged all season. All the others just get fogged once every 4 weeks or so, no cords.

Now for all of you who read this, you should follow Dr. R instructions on using FGMO in your hives.

BB

[This message has been edited by BILLY BOB (edited August 16, 2003).]

Hello folks.
    Yes, as I promised, there will be data published soon regarding my continued work with varroa and now SHB's added. Test results have been exciting. I am hopeful that they will be published in the ABJ Semptember edition.
    Yes, SHB's promise to be just as dreadful as varroa and perhaps even more harmful if allowed to take hold. Their damage pontential is greater than that of the varroa mites. Thank God, there is hope in the making to control them with non-chemical substances.
    P. S. I have been including this year's test results in my presentations. They will soon be know to all of you. Patience, please.
    Best regards.
    Dr. Rodriguez

Thanks BB and Dr. R.

------------------
    Rob Koss