I bought my fogger and have the mineral oil, propane, etc. I have read through all the post and feel I have a decent understanding of the concept and pretty much what is to be done. Just wondering if there are any pitfalls I should avoid?

Any comments will be welcomed. It is great to know that we have people trying to combat the mites with whatever works.

I am excited about the use of FGMO. Is there any amount of time that should be given in order to see results?

Thanks
    Thesurveyor

[This message has been edited by thesurveyor (edited April 16, 2003).]

As far as I can tell, and I've only fogged once and read a lot of posts, I would test it outside the hive so you get a feel for it. Then make sure you don't get too close and get a burst of fog coming back and igniting on the burner. It only takes a squirt to make a big cloud of fog, and it only takes a couple of squirts to make four or five seconds of fog and have it coming out the cracks. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how calmly the bees accept it and how easy it is to do. The hard part is lighting the fogger.

I always test the fogger before using it on a hive even when I do 20 in a row I test for each one. Be sure to hold the burner level so liquid propane doesn't enter the burner. I love it when a plan comes together
    Clint

------------------
    Clinton Bemrose
    just South of Lansing Michigan

Your FGMO should be at least 70 degrees. Otherwise the fogger may draw some in clumps and spit it out without fully fogging it. Easy to heat at home - in the field put it on the truck or car engine for a few min.