Thread: FGMO

F&J Prasnal Guest

Hi All Reading the Forums I personelly Think Gomez and Dave W. are one and the same Screw Balls Have a Nice Day

?

Hey, try to hear what they are saying(not the way they said it).If you put your trust in internet solutions and lost your bees ,you might be a feeling a little raw too.

Big Grin

Loggermike
    I heard this theme since I am on the internet .
    I would be reluctant to judge this medium since books, Newspapars , treatisees , Monographs and all the rest of types of communications , incl radio, television , telegraph or foghorns and whatever else there is, have no more or less value in fact than the Internet.
    It is at least the indivuduals perogative to comment on or apply whatever one reads and draw the consequences . But before one judges , one must perform valid testing and combine the effort with others to see whether there is a consensus.
    I have tested or applied several methods and still loose colonies for whatever reason . Just yeaterday I checked on a colony which was very strong even several weeks ago and only a handful was to be seen yesterday ,( Two frames) . However, there was new brood plenty food. Where were all the rest of the multitude of the past months ?.
    I have no idea were they went . No dead outside the hive . no dead on the SBB. No evidense of excessive moisture . All was dry . No varroa either . No nosema evidence . No AFB . No deformed wings , no crawlers .
    Now , I like to know where In any written matter or the internet can I find the answer . May be they absconded ? But to where ? In winter ?
    Much to learn yet
    Happy beeing
    JDF

OK,my use of the term 'internet solutions' was a bit derogatory.Sorry.In truth i have learned a lot on the net.
    As to your bee loss,I get the feeling that there are a whole lot of unexplained losses recently.I suspect viruses,but this is hard to prove,beyond DWV or paralysis where you can see obvious symptoms.Bee viruses are known to cause rapid decrease in population.They are associated with mites,nosema,stress and poor nutrition.I guess its as good an explanation as any,but it doesnt make it any easier to take those kind of losses.
    --Mike

Hi folks.
    I have deep sympathy for any and all of you who lose colonies. May be soon we will be able to reduce mite populations to the point that they will not stress bees and cause their demise. Hang in there. There are brighter "lights" at the end of the FGMO tunnel, and a short one at that.
    Best regards.
    Dr. Rodriguez