Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FGMO Outline

"Honey house" observation
    you have been informed by knowlegable person about the propane behavior . Absolutely correct.
    What you encountered is a possible restriction of the propane gas to enter the orifice at the input end of the valve . ( The stem which opens the tire valve of the bottle or the apdapter , when used ).
    This is not one expects from a commercial product . However this is why you encountered a refernce to the "Modification".
    Go fix !
    Happy beeing, JDF

JDF,
    Is this "possible restriction of the propane gas" a major problem with the unit?
    Is it just by chance that some units are somewhat defective?

F&J Prasnal Guest

JFO Honey House I see you are having problems with your fogger As we all know Home Depot or Lowes Home Centers will exchange ANY item that you feel is not working or any is not to your satisfaction. I feel thats the route to take before trying to fix it yourself and finding yourself in a bind. I dont know where you purchased yous but ask about there return policy Happy foggin and good luck Frank

In refernce to your legitimite question I can make a comment to my experience only.
    The subject is certainly debatable . However , since this fogging device is at the moment the only one applicable , it has certain restrictions for replies of a negative expression toward this gadget.
    I have been addressed by various beekeepers relative to the function and have provided them with possible modifications . Lacking the cooperation of the manufacturer you will have to take the responsibility upon yourself to get desired results . There are indications that there is a quality control problem and the other is the relative position . It was mentioned in this forum the gas versus liquid position whithin the small tanks which could have a disturbing influence of the flow .
    Nevertheless it did make no difference whether the a larger tank with a hose was used or the screw in bottle
    , the result was the same . At least in my case .
    Originally I just returned the merchandise and received a replacement .
    At the time I blamed myself that the thing malfunctioned .
    When the same problem appeared after a time of usage , I realised it was NOT my problem other than the blockage at the nozzle which was recognised and attended to ( See former post and retraction ) Having read other posts and private mail I am not the only one disatisfied with the function of the burner part of the fogger .
    After the drastic modification I have no more problems lighting and maintaining the burner function .
    But the emission of the fog has increased beyond the need for our purpose .I have no problem with it since I am in control of the application. My advise to the members is that you try to modify the tool to suit your degree of tolerance for agitation and extend your point of patience-loss borderline , should you have any problem relating to the burner function.
    The fog application is the major tool for positive results and I would like to encourage you to naintain the use of the fogger by all means to your disposal .It took a lot of trials and errors to find this tool which brought the FGMO method to a usable application . Thanks to the tenacity of Dr P. Rodriguez we do have a chance to get a handle of a common problem where other methods have failed to this point ( Other than the small cell and genetics approach ) as we all become to realise .
    All this does not mean that I am on the right track claiming the ultimate solution .
    My time and resources are also limited and it behooves everyone to help out with good suggestions and explanations as it was demonstrated in some of the posts already.
    Meantime ; Happy fogging , ( if possible )
    JDF