Greetings . . .

I respectfully direct this question to MICHAEL, but everyone's answer is welcomed.

MICHAEL - I have read that you apply FGMO to your top-bars. I assume the oil may run off, maybe thats not a problem. Maybe the oil gets spread around more.

Question: Do you think a small reservoir in the top-bar would be beneficial?

Maybe a depression, say 3/4 wide x 1/8" deep created using a round-nose router bit.

Thanx
    Dave W

sure sounds like avery good ideal

Personally I just use a paint brush and brush it on the top bar. I don't put it on real heavy. I have seen bees get a heavy coat of oil on them and die. A little bit and they groom a lot and the mites die. A lot is not necessaily a good thing. I think Dr. Rodriguez has come up with more ways of getting just the right amount and I just bought a fogger myself. I hadn't heard about his research until this summer and fall and didn't get a fogger until too late to use it this year.

I think it would be too much.

Hi all
    To vary from the original application method and formula is not recommended .
    If you do , then you must perform application tests and record the findings for your own record . If you find that you will have success it is suggested to get in touch with the originator ( Dr Pedro Rodriguez ) to discuss the matter and let him be the guide for any development which might develop from your tests and experience .
    As he already mentioned in one of the late posts , he is experimenting with different methods of applications and so are other members . But those application differences have to be proven first before it gets public . The present method of application has results in reducing the incident of Varroa and Tracheal mite infestations .
    In the meantime , Happy emulsing and fogging.
    JDF

Greetings . . .

Thanks to all for your replies.

Dave W