WHAT IS THE DIFF. BETWEEN FRMO AND VEG. OIL LIKE CANNOLA? OR ARE THEY THE SAME THING? IF THE OIL IS JUST BEING USED TO INCREASE GROOMING AND SMOTHER MITES WHY CAN'T I JUST RUN BEADS OF VEG. OIL ALONG THE TOPS OF THE BARS? OR WHY NOT JUST SPRAY SOME "PAM" ON THE TOP OF THE BARS? I KNOW THE VEG. OIL IS SAFE BECAUSE I USE IT TO MAKE MY SUGAR/TERAMAYCIN PATTIES.

Vegatable oil does break down and turn rancid under certain conditions. FGMO does not. If you are putting oil on the top bars, vegatable oil may work as well as FGMO on the top bars. If you are spraying pam as opposed to fogging FGMO these are quite different. I have sprayed pam on the bees and if they don't get too much on them it works. Too much and the bees die. Too much on the queen and you're queenless. Trust me, I've made these mistakes.

Fogging makes much smaller particles of oil than spraying pam does.

Fogging MIGHT work with vegatable oil. My guess is that it will not. I think the vegatable oil is too flamable and you'll have a flame thrower. If the temp of the fogger is low enough and the flash point of the oil high enough it might work, but testing this would be very risky. If anyone is brave enough (foolish enough?) to try this would you please share the results with the rest of us?

Making the emoulsion with vegatable oil might work, but the emoulsion may turn racid with the vegatable oil and it will not with the FGMO.

There is research to support the FGMO. There is not for the vegatable oil.

I have experimented some with the pam. I think it works better to just spray it on the bottom board and let them track it in.

I still think the FGMO fog is better and I think the emoulsion is better. The emoulsion makes them groom more because the spend more time getting it on them trying to tear up the cords. The fog works because it not only puts a fine mist of oil on the bees but it's small enough that the mites and the bees breath it. The bees, with no ill effects and the mites suffocating.

Pure FGMO is easily available at any drug store or department store in the laxitive section. It is not terribly expensive.

To all
    The original formula of Dr Rodriguez using FGMO in fog as well as Emulsion has been tested verified and proven effective . It is not advisable to change anything before tests and verification was researched .
    All questions relating to vegetable oils which have been submitted here were answered .
    The methods of the emulsion applicaton is still subject to suggestion and debate . But here again we have to test and verify any changes first.
    The question of where to purchsae the FGMO is also to be found in recent posts and the addresses have been posted .
    Not all brands of mineral oils available in drug stores may NOT be applicable, depending on the supplier of it to Pharmaceutical companies for distribution under their own name .
    Instead of questioning researched facts , stick to the FGMO which DR R has advised to apply .
    Then IF there should be any adverse effect be noted , then you must keep records to proove the reason why the formula and application method did not work .
    Here again , should you know the origin and viscosity of mineral oil for medicinal purposes offered in drugs stores it is perfectly good to apply it .
    To reiterate , If anyone tries to apply vegetable oil you must also state the brand and origin ( Plant specy) of the oil in addition to your research record of proof .
    We all would like to see more posts of recorded or observed findings of the method rather than ...........
    JDF