gpjohns Guest

I've just purchased my fogger and oil from STE. I only have 7 hives and was wondering if anyone knows how long it might take to use a gallon. I plan on using both cords and fogger.

Gary J.

Gary
    One gallon of oil will last you for a looong time if you use the fogger only.
    It is different with the emulsion. That depends how many cords or whatever means you apply with applications as well as the frequency of them.
    Rough estimate would be that it will be sufficient for a year, but please do not take that as a "gospel".
    I treated up to 27 colonies and an averge of 15 for two years and bought 2 gallons of FGMO from SST. The last time an order was placed for 5 gallons and we split the amount among 3 of us . It is more economical that way. Keep an eye on this forum for future application methods.

Dear Gary and all.
    One liter (about 1 and 1/3 quarts of FGMO will last you all season to spray fog 7 colonies one a week. With the same amount (1 and 1/3 quarts, you can prepare the emulsion to treat 100 yards (100 pieces of cord), enough to treat your 7 hives during 7 months. In other words you would have enough oil to go around for a season and a half with one gallon of FGMO. Mind, that is fogging every week and replacing the cords every two weeks. We find that we can have mite-free colonies with this kind of schedule with FGMO.
    Happy holiday season and happy bee keeping.
    Dr. Pedro Rodriguez

This is off topic, but I wanted to ask Juandefuca about bee keeping in Sequim and what is the best way to get honey from the Olympic peninsula. Please email me. Thanks.

Cool

Greenwings
    I answered your question via e mail to your address . I find no confirmation at this end , please acknowledge
    JDF