I just began the FGMO routine of the cords and fogging. I purchased a Burgess electric fogger since I have power out by my hives. The fogger does not seem to get hot enough to vaporize the oil. I get fog, but mostly drips and streams of hot oil. Does I need a propane fogger or is something wrong with the electric one I purchased? I am using mineral oil USP which was very inexpensive at Wal Mart. Based on previous topics, I think I am using the correct type of oil. I let the fogger heat up for 10 minutes and still did not get good results. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Stan

Stan, You might check with the Manufactur of the fogger. Good luck, Dale

Hello Stan and all.
    As I have explained in original postings on beesource.com I came upon the Burgess fogger by chance while shoping for seeds for my lawn. Fortunately or not, I chose the propane fogger because I did not have power at the bee yard. Except for minor repiars, the foggers have worked well since.
    The foggers has to heat up, red hot, or else the oil will not vaporize. Check with manufacturer. It might be a matter of adjustments.
    Please let us know how you make out.
    Best regards.
    Dr. Rodriguez

Thank you for the suggestions. I called Burgess and they confimed that the propane fogger gets hotter than the electric model. I exchanged the electric fogger for a propane fogger. The propane fogger works perfectly. If anyone else is considering an electric fogger, do not purchase one for fogging FGMO. Again, thanks for the prompt replies and suggestions.

Stan