I bought a mop at the dollar store thats 100% cotton, and was wondering how to make the emulsion, How much sugar? mineral oil? and do I boil it or not?

Hi.
    Please let me suggest that you go to beesource.com FGMO and read my poostings on how to prepare the emulsion. It will be far easier for everyone concerned if you did that. Please let me know if you still need help after you read the instructions there.
    Best regards.
    Pedro

I have bought a roll of cotton rope made for tobacco baling. I have read the emulsion recipe but would like a broken down version. I only have a few hives to treat so I don't need to make up a large batch. I take it the ropes should be approx. 20" long and placed on the top of the frames. Should a rope be placed on the top of each hive body if you have 2 bodies on the hive? Has anyone made this in small quantities with measurements in ounces?

HELLO FOLKS.

For the last five years I have kept posting notices about the importance of keeping/maintaining the measurements that
    I have found to work best for me and I keep getting questions thatg differ from that.
    Please, the amountg of cord should be one meter, or 39 inches. Two cords per brood box
    and on honey supers if the colonies are strong. The reason for placing cords on the honey supers is that the mites do fall off and climb back on the foraging bees that do carry them up to the honey boxes.
    Happy beekeeping.
    Good luck.
    Dr. Rodriguez

Dr. Rodriguez
    The article on this site says 500mmx8mm ropes. Am I reading that wrong?

Yes, that is correct, but still have to use 1 meter of cords, that is two 500 mm cords per meter. TGhe reason in this case is that the larger diameter takes up more FGMO.
    Dr. Rodriguez

If I use mop cords, is the required length still the same?

------------------
    Regards,

Robert Brenchley

RSBrenchley@aol.com
    Birmingham UK

Hi folks.
    Yes, remember that the idea is to expose the bees to as much FGMO as possible. You don't wish to reduce that possibility by reducing the length of cords.
    Happy varroa-free and pesticide -free beekeeping.
    Dr. Rodriguez

baddawg1976 wrote:
    > was wondering how to make the emulsion

The procedure is detailed in this report:
    http://www.beesource.com/pov/rodrigu...2001report.htm

2.1. Preparation of the emulsion

-Barry

Everybody confess! The problem with preparing the emulsion is that it is in METRIC measurements and us Americans have a huge mental block with metric. LOL!!!
    I broke down and used my kitchen measuring cup. One side has metric and the other has ounces/cup increments. I just tend to ignore the side with ml markings. Same with my kitchen scales. The dial has ounces and grams on it. It was strange to do but I did successfully make a batch. It can easily be doubled or halved depending on how much you need.
    Tana Mc

Hi. tHE MOPS STRANDS ARE JUST ABOUT THE SMAE SIZE (VOLUME WISE AS THE PRESCRIBED CORDS).
    Please read my previous answer below your questions in beesource.com
    Best regards
    Dr. Rodriguez