Thread: fogger formula?

Lightbulb

I have just ordered a Burgess fogger and would like a little feed back before using it. Is there any mixture or dilution of the mineral oil you place in the fogger, or do you use it 100%?

I know you use it for only 5 seconds, but if anyone wants to add any comments on the fogger's use or technique, I would like to hear it!

Happy beekeeping!

Thanks

Don

------------------

Hi.
    I have emphazised time and again on this forum about the importance of not adding anything to the oil. FGMO must be used strictly pue. No additives of any kind.
    The only time when anything is added is when making the emulsion.
    Please read the articles on this forum for guidance (in order to save time and effort) and should you have more questions, please do not hesitate to ask me again.
    Best regards.
    Pedro

Wink

Respectfully, Dr. Rodriguez, I had to really read closely to determine what exactly went into the fogger. The emulsion or the pure mineral oil. Luckily, I figured it out before REALLY making a mess in my fogger. Looking back now, I feel really silly but when you are sorting through a scientifically written paper trying to understand a concept that just seems to good to be true.......sometimes what you read and what you absorb are two different things!!
    Tana Mc

Hi to all.

T O O G O O D T O B E T R U E!

That is about the most-best descriptive message that any one has ever sent. That seems to be the real problem with FGMO. People think that it is too good to be true and decline to use it. Hopefully, more people will read/post more messages and eventually it will be accepted for what it is. A heck of a real alternative treatment for bee mites.
    Thanks for your post.
    Pedro

TanaMac, You are almost my neighbor. I live about 10 Miles east of you. E-Mail me at kb0wiz@hit.net. That is KB0 (zero). Dale

The Straight Skinny at last!

I have been reading about FGMO fogging all day, and this is the FIRST TIME anyone has mentioned you use it full strength, not diluted, no additional additives.

Perhaps a FAQ page would help, as I see the same questions being posted by different people.

------------------
    BoB

Hi All, One thing tdhat I have found is DON'T leave the Propane Bottle screwed on the fogger. Sometimes the valve on the Fogger does not shut off completely. Dale

You said:I have been reading about FGMO fogging all day, and this is the FIRST TIME anyone has mentioned you use it full strength, not diluted, no additional additives.

Perhaps a FAQ page would help, as I see the same questions being posted by different people.

------------------
    BoB

Set your topic list to all topics, in this forum. I recently did that, and all of my questions were answered about fogging. I plan on getting a fogger in the near future, and was a bit confused about the cords ect. My first thoughts were totally off base, by just reading posts from the last 30 days. When I set it the other way, and got all posts and replies, things at least started to make sense. The whole theory makes alot of sense, and I can only see good coming from it. Dr Rodriguez has a great thing here. The grease patties that I have been using helped, but the fogger is a fantastic delivery system. It should save alot of time.

------------------
    Dale Richards
    Dal-Col Apiaries
    Drums, PA

Smile

Hello All,

Dr. I posted a new thread yesterday under teh heading FGMO PROCESS. It was before I found this post. I'm new to the concept and beekeeping actually. So it would be safe to assume that new beekeepers will be coming along at all times. I have printed much from this website on FGMO and studied it in depth last night, and it is good info. But I do agree w/ the others that a FAQ page and simple directions would be great.