BILLY BOB Guest

Question

Hello all,

I just got a reply from American Bee Jurnal. I had sent a e-mail about my success using FGMO and asking why they have never wrote anything on FGMO.

They replied:

"The research of FGMO effectiveness is still inconclusive. Therefore, we have not recommended to beekeepers that it is an effective mite control. Researchers have not been able to duplicate Dr. Rodriguez's success in using FGMO to control mites. If it is working well to control mites in your colonies, that's great because it is not toxic to bees or man! It is a natural, biological mite control method. Best of luck with your colonies."

"ABJ"

Mabe someone has more to add to this...but I have had good results from FGMO. As far as weather or not the research has been duplicated?... I have never read of any researchers trying. Somebody, help me! Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Thanks

Billy Bob

Billy Bob
    Take a look at the post from the Jan 31 by Barry.
    \Best wishes
    JDF

I have spent 8 years and a bundle of my personal money assessing the effectiviness
    of food grade mineral oil with as much scinetific certainty as could be demanded from any well intended research effort.
    In 2001, I was successful in putting together a research team made up with world famous scientistis as is Dr. Pilar de la Rua Tarin. Our team followed and executed a very well designed research plan. FGMO testing was conducted in strict scientific procedures
    and techniques and is supported by scientific parameters that add credibility and precision.
    Our team, nor I, have not received requests from other scientists that might have been intetrested in duplicating my work with FGMO.
    Our team welcomes such requests and is very
    eager to assist investigators who are interested in performing duplication tests.
    Our work stands to pass the test of fire, duplication, however, we believe that in
    order to duplicate our work, our protocol
    should be utilized, at least. We have know-
    ledge of "inconclusive" tests performed by others who have applied FGMO as an acaricide
    but, their explanation of their procedure
    fails to follow the guidelines used by our research team. Thus, ABJ may reasonably call
    those tests "inclunclusive" but highly unjus-
    tified to call ours inclusive because our report clearly demonstrates FGMO as an
    effective acaricide. Furthermore, our research team is already working with year 2002 program adding new parameters to our study, searching for more economic means of application. Our findings will be promptly and accurately revealed in this forum.
    Dr. Rodriguez

------------------
    Dr. Pedro Rodriguez

Perhaps now that there is a scientific paper completed on FGMO, ABJ would be willing to include it in their journal? Either way, it remains available to all from here and will continue to remain indefinitely. Thanks for the report and all your hard work.

Regards,
    Barry

Hello to all.
    Yes, I agree. We intended to offer our report to ABJ for publication, however we
    agreed to post on the bee forum the 2001
    report due to the fact that it would delay publishing our findings considerably more.
    We will offer the 2002 report to ABJ hoping that it may be accepted. We are sincerely hopeful that our research will meet the standards of the ABJ.
    Best regards.

Hi,

Wish you the best of luck getting this info out to the public on ABJ. Been using FGMO for three years without other treatments it works!

Clay

Thanks for your support, Clay.
    I think that there are quite a few others who are having good results with FGMO but since this subject became rather argumentative on
    Bee-L, I think many are afraid to express
    their opinions anymore.
    I would like to encourage readers to post questions/remarks on this forum. Also, please do not hesitate to write to my e-mail address
    if anyone has personal questions.
    Best regards.
    Dr. Rodriguez

I have read the article with great interest and would like to publish it in a magazine for commercial beekeepers. Would it be possible for you to send me the text and photographs? Anything that helps beekeepers to use organic rather than chemical control of varroa needs wide readership.

Big Grin

I would also like to bring this information to my Association meeting coming in March can you let me know if it is O.K. to print and share your findings.

Thanks
    Phillip

Hi folks
    I am certainly aware of the hairsplitting school of the bio crowd . Nothing is ever cut and dry in anything what man's manipulating with nature is concerned. Nature will allways be ahead of anybody.And thinking that one is so called "Biological" in the stricktest sense under the present conditions of food productions is sticking the head into the sand. And who is there to judge WHAT is or is not "Biological " . It boils down to simply of the "famous" taking a "STAND" syndrome ,whether it makes sense or not.And as for example whether or not Food Grade Mineral Oil is considered contaminating by the holier than thou faction means nothing to me since this oil is widely used in industry by food producers. And therefore considered SAFE for consumption within specific parameters.
    I can only place myself into the category of not using any poison , "man Made" or not to contaminate my food . In this case ,Honey. or other hive products.
    All this discussion and about the pros and cons of FGMO reeks of professional grandstanding.
    I am using FMGO on my bees and no adverse effects because of it are evident. The normal drop off is within acceptable limits on sticky boards .
    Not one customer has made comments about the honey the bees produce. As matter of record , The demand exeeds my supply.
    Unless research shows otherwise , I shall continue to use FGMO to control the incidence of Varroa as well as Tracheal Mites. At he same time Some colonies in my Apiary are not treated at all with anything. I have quoted in the past that FGMO is indeed a foreign substance in the colony. But so are Mites and their resultant vectors. For the time being I rather put up with FGMO . I does not bnother me one iota.
    JDF