Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

upholstery cord

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jwcaldw 
#1 ·
Hi Pedro -

I did some checking around today for the upholstery cord. I checked with a local shop and found there to be several different cord options. The cording he stocked was about 3/8" dia. and had a tissue core with some kind of nylon webbing around it. He looked in his supply catalog and found the cord to also be available in cotton.

I then went to a local fabric store (Hancock Fabrics) and found that they stock the cotton cording made by Conso Products Co. (http://www.conso.com). I noticed that you didn't mention in any detail, the size and material type of cording you used in your last report. Can you please shed some light on this?

-Barry

G
#2 ·
Hi.
I may have mentioned in my discussions elsewhere about having used a cord about the size of a pencil in diameter. I had several options as to the type of cord to use. I
opted for the cotton type thinking that it
would be easier for the bees to remove.
I observed that the bees removed the cord
fairly fast (by the end of the month it was gone in most hives). I will post more information on the subject if I find other
types. I will try to find the exact nomen-
clature of the cord next time that I talk to
the person who sold it to me.
Regards.
Pedro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.