Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Take around ten healthy slices of ginger ( don't bother peeling it), one lemon quartered and squeezed into the pot, add about two cups of water, and simmer together for 20 minutes or so. Strain, add honey to taste.

My dad always went for the Jack Daniels cure [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also vouch for Zicam, the kind you chew, it kept me from getting the horrible cold my husband just had.

Feel better soon!
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek

Two grams of propolis eaten straight... then one gram morning and night... I've not had a cold nor flu "take hold" in over 20 years, using this. Whenever I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or flu, I go for the sealed bag of clean propolis I keep in my kitchen cupboard.... All that other stuff is just foofarraw... makes ya think you're doing something important and ritualistic ta "cure" yerself... Good old straight antibiotic, antiseptic, anti-viral, antibacterial Propolis!!... straight from the bee hive... It don't matter what form... ground-up into a powder... in capsules... in tincture... I just eat it straight... The important thing is to get two grams into yer stomach... then a gram mornin' and night.. Usually, by the first 24 hours, I've forgotten all about the cold...

[size="1"][ January 30, 2007, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Star G ][/size]

>A good HOT steam bath, time released Vitamin C and zinc. Repeat daily until the cold is gone.

You're lucky to live in a age where this works. When my mom gave me Vitamin C and zinc for a cold as a child, there was no scientific evidence that it worked and all the doctors pooh poohed the whole concept. Now, of course, since it has been researched and proven, it works.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

at least a half bottle of jack daniels. Acohol kills it all if you get enough in you.....come to think of it after that much you must feel just about dead too... hmmmm have to think on this one
    Everything happens for a reason. Time heals all wounds - time and a half heals them even faster

no actually, my ma makes some stuff she calls anti-plague formula. Trust me it works. The stuff tastes so horrible that you have to be almost dead to try it. did it once I was in the middle of a bad cold and in two days not one symptom was left. But like I said, gotta be almost dead to try it.
    Everything happens for a reason. Time heals all wounds - time and a half heals them even faster

Focus, could you get the recipe from your mom? Mom remedies usually work well, science be damned!
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek

I worked with a guy who hadn't had a cold in many years.Not since he started eating a fresh hot chili pepper each day.I mean the REALLY hot ones.The ones that make jalapenos seem mild,and leave you gasping for air and running for water.

Focus & Ann
    If it has anything to do with "eye of newt," I think I'll pass!

The capsacin in peppers is supposed to be good for curing headaches, too.

[size="1"][ January 31, 2007, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Hobie ][/size]
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

One clove of garlic, diced fine
    Juice of half a lemon
    Pinch cayenne pepper
    Few slices of raw ginger
    Big spoonful of honey
    Pour boiling water over the whole mess and let it steep for a few minutes, then strain it.

Feel better!

One clove of garlic, diced fine
    Juice of half a lemon
    Pinch cayenne pepper
    Few slices of raw ginger
    Big spoonful of honey
    Pour boiling water over the whole mess and let it steep for a few minutes, then strain it and drink up.

Feel better!

Ya! Hoo!! It's Beekeepers and HONEY remedies, 13 to 9! Beeks Win!

I vote for CHICKEN SOUP [can't beat that] with a lot of HONEY, ginger and garlic. Some onion and of course PROPOLIS!! How it would taste you don't want to know! A little hot peppers and a nip of tequila would add some "spice". I am a little disappointed that there was no mention of "southern comfort", my favorite!! Are you fealing BETTER now Jeffzhear? Hope so!!

Ann, I will get the recipe from my ma for you. It will take a little time though.

That's great, Focus, thanx!
    - Ann, a Gardening Beek

In 10oz of water add 2 tb fresh lemon juice, 2 tb maple syrup, 1/4 ts bee pollen, 1/4 ts powdered algae and 1/4 ts cayenne pepper. Take 8 servings a day for 12 days. Take senna tea with a ts of honey before going to bed. A shot of wheat grass juice once a day. This is a cleanse that will remove toxins from your body. Fasting on plain water will also work. When you get sick your body is telling you that its time to cleanse. Eliminating cold symptoms will stop your body from cleansing. Do I do this when I get a cold? Nah! No will power. Another option is to just wait it out. Best of luck, Paul.

lots of rest, hot teas, and liquids for about 10 days.

If that doesn't work, just wait it out for about a week and a half.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    -M@

Oldbee! haha, you make me laugh....so tonight I will run down to the "Beverage" Store and pick up a bottle of SC!

I'm looking forward to going out and buying the remainder of the ingredients I need to make some of the suggested remedies!

BTW, I am starting to feel better, TYVM...
    Jeff

Reminds me of the comment of some 'wag'( Mark Twain?); treat a cold and get rid of it in 2 weeks, don't treat it and it will take 14 days.&gt)

leamon

Just like Ground Hog day (today!). If the groundhog sees his shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. If not, spring will arrive in 6 weeks.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

Sundance, I was going to mention I heard the same thing about nasal Zicam, but you beat me to it.

I usually start taking ecchinacea and chewing the vitamin C. Don't know if it really does any good, but makes me think I am doing something proactive, lol. I also like to drink orange and cinnamon spiced tea.
    So many weeds.......so little time.