Hey guys,

The Amish are helping me with drywall, and they really like the drywall dimplier that I have. What’s nice about the dimplier is that “the Phillips depth can be adjusted and set“, and the dimple that is makes is smoother and smaller than the bosch model dimplier does. I told them I would get them a few, but I can’t locate anything like it, and can’t remember where I got the thing either.

It is possible it is not a dimplier, but a Philips with an adjustable depth with smooth stop. But it works great as a dimplier.

Any ideas who may make these things?

Joe,
    I don't know about adjustable ones. I had never seen one until I helped my fiance's dad hang some sheetrock. He had a fist-ful of non-adjustable philips head drill bits for drywall. They have a collar to set the depth. I saw them later at Lowe's and at a local hardware store. They seemed rather common. Again, non-adjustable that I could tell, but readily available.

Waya
    WayaCoyote

My dimpler from home depot is adjustable that way - you have to use a set of pliers to do it but it clicks left or right and raises/lowers the (standard, drop in) phillips screw bit. Bought it a few years ago.
    http://www.voiceofthehive.com - Tales of Beekeeping and Honeybees

I bought one at Menards up here. Don't know how wide spread they are.
    Everything happens for a reason. Time heals all wounds - time and a half heals them even faster

Hey, thanks guys!