Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crows?

"You gotta see this link of a crow taking a piece of straight wire then bending it to make a hook in order to get food."

That's pretty impressive. I know some teenagers who couldn't do that.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

I had a pair nest up near the top of a fir tree in my yard. One day I heard a guttoral, really desperate persistent caawing up there, like a major fight but with a closed beak. A bunch of twigs and debris started filtering down, and then a squirrel came tumbling down through the branches. Apparently it got a little too close to that nest.
    Time wounds all heals.

Exclamation

Here is a video of crows using cars to smash some nutshells open for them. The crows drop the nuts on the crosswalk so they can safely walk in the road to their meal without getting run over:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ow+smart&hl=en

Our pond has some cattails in it and every year we get a huge flock of black birds that have a red spot in their wings. It cool to watch them as they fly synchronized above the trees in the distance.
    ;) Good Day Craig W.<br /><a href=\"http://www.weaversproduce.mysite.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.weaversproduce.mysite.com</a>

"huge flock of black birds that have a red spot in their wings"
    red-winged blackbirds? They are neat birds and have an interesting call too.

I think crows are remarkably intelligent. National Geographic magazine had photos of crows playing in the snow: sliding down a snowy slope on their backs, getting up and doing it again. Here's another article:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...606-crows.html

But then again, they are related to Ravens, and in the Inuit(?) culture, Raven was a trickster. In the beginning, he created man, rivers ran bothe ways, and fat grew on trees. After a while Raven got bored, so, for his own amusement, he made rivers only run downhill, turned the fat to fungus, and created mosquitoes.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

YES CROWS ARE VERY INTELIGENT I always enjoyed watching them in the spring having breakfast in a robins nest or cardinal tar-tar in the next bush.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12