Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, we have three cats and one of them keeps peeing on the bed in the back bedroom. We continue to wash and spray with various chemicals and nothing is working.

any help would be great
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Back Yard......... 20 paces......... .22 cal

Most true cat people would rather get rid of the bed...

Lock the cat in a small room with a cat box. Leave it there 24 hours per day until it starts using the box. After use of the box is well extablished, allow it out for a short time each day as long as it continues to use the cat box. Increase the time time every few days (or weeks if necessary). Eliminate access to the bedroom until the new habit is firmly established. Don't rush the process. The cat never has to go into the back bedroom again if it can't handle the temptation.
    Linux - World domination through world cooperation

One more litter box than the number of cats in the house, unscented litter, clean them daily.

"Back Yard......... 20 paces......... .22 cal"

LMFAO!!!!!

Once they start that, it's near impossible to stop, been there, done that, threw out the t-shirt.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

I've been told, and based on a few unfortunate situations in the past I can agree, that when in the position of having to shoot a cat, use the biggest gun you can find.

George-
    Dulcius ex asperis

A bob-tail cat won't go in the house, if done right.

Cut the tail off precisely one inch behind the ears.

I was feeling guilty about my tasteless remark. You guys have made me feel better knowing I am not alone.... ....

Do we not have any imagination?

http://www.buckstix.com/CoehornMortarHunt.htm
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

3 times make sure you get the right one
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

>I can agree, that when in the position of having to shoot a cat, use the biggest gun you can find.

Then may I suggest: "Back Yard......... 22 paces......... 20 gage?"
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

I've had to do a few aggressive drop-off males, 22 is a good choice, nice an clean.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

My new neighbors, (who don't complain about my bees, yet), have four dogs (two more than the city allows), and some cats. The dog at large ate my shop the night before taking posession of the property. There must have been a critter under the shed as it dug four large holes under it and chewed up the wood trim and both doors. The dog and cat live in my yard as much as thier own.

I was thinking of capping both until the neighbor on the other side of them told me that those two were tereffic molers. For some reason they are very adept to catching moles without digging big holes in the yards.

I guess I will put up with the big critters as long as I don't have any moles in my yard.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

>Then may I suggest: "Back Yard......... 22 paces......... 20 gage?"

If you don't have a 12..
    Dulcius ex asperis

You have to eliminate access to the cats preferred place of going. My cat once took to a basket that was holding magazines in the bathroom. Once I got rid of the basket, the problem was solved.

So 1. Don't let any cats in your bedroom.
    2. Make sure the cat boxes are clean all the time.
    3. Make sure no other cats are preventing this one from acessing the cat box.

I have one cat that for awhile would lie in wait near the kitty boxes and ambush the others while they were trying to go. It wasn't pleasant for anyone.

as early grace would suggest... shoot the dog.... I mean cat.

you would think tecumseh would have more sympathy for cats? it is just that the small one represent only enough red meat to make a very small (but quite tasty) taco.

<<Do we not have any imagination?

http://www.buckstix.com/CoehornMortarHunt.htm>>

On Wisconsin!

Multiple boxes for sure and for starters, cleaned daily and thoroughly. Veterinary exam to rule out UTIs or other illness contributing. Any other recent changes? It'll be helpful to try to differentiate between toileting and spraying... one is just peeing, the other behavioral/territorial. Spraying is with the tail upright, twitching back and forth under tension. Once you've seen it you know what it is! Sometimes a cat ousitde taunting yours can provoke territorial spraying, or it can be a "protest" to a new cat, new dog, kids tormenting it, etc.
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

I laughed all day after reading the Buckstix site. A pretty good piece of humor.

"...This 15 second hang time proved to work quite well on the Feral Cat hunt because by the time the sound reached the location of the Cat, ( or Cats ) about 1-1/2 seconds after firing, the cat would "perk-up" and look in the direction of the sound, and then see the distant white smoke of the Mortar. Shortly after, he would sit and gaze whimsically at the approaching cannon ball, fixated in place, as the ball of the Mortar would silently race closer and closer. I like using dark colored Mortar balls because the Cats can easily see them silhouetted against the bright sky...."

The word "whimsically" had me on the floor.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast