We have spent way too much money on lousy pictures that we had developed and finally realize we need a digital camera. This is a new venue for us and are asking your help. We already have photo quality printer and paper. We take pictures of landscapes as well as bugs on plants and we are very limited on our budget.
    What digital camera do you like? Thanks all!

David

Personally I'm using a Cannon Powershot A95.

There is a similar discussion about camera picks located here.
    -Robert<br /><a href=\"http://photos.bobsbees.com\" target=\"_blank\">Photos and Such</a>

I use a EOS Digital Rebel.

Here is a few pictures that have been degraded to lower res's or cropped

http://photobucket.com/albums/b365/jalalabee/
    \"You\'ve got to stop beating up your women because you can\'t find a job, because you didn\'t want to get an education and now you\'re (earning) minimum wage.\"<br /><br />-Bill Cosby

The July 05 Consumer Reports (CR)has camera ratings. Might be worth a visit to your local library to check it out. Artic's Powershot A95 is considered a "best buy" in the 4 & 5 megapixel range. I have a Fujifilm Finepix that's a few years old (3 megapixel) and have been very happy with it...it's also a CR "best buy".

Jalal, I have been thinking about buying the newest digital rebel as an up grade from my Minolta Dimage Z1,but before I go out and pay 600-700 dollars for one I would like to ask you a few questions about it.
    I know I could go read reviews after reviews but it's not the same as someones opinion.
    Anyway my z1 is an auto focus type with 10x optical zoom,I'm thinking the rebel has manual focus,but does it have any type of an auto focus?Also how easy are the lens changes?
    I have tried to do close shots of critters both in the macro mode and normal mode but it will not focus that close,how well does the rebel do on small critters?My z1 has a very good zoom,but the more you zoom the more unstable the picture becomes to the point you have to use a tri-pod unless you like closeup blurrs.I assume the rebel has some kind of image stablizers.One last thing ,Low light conditions,my z1 has a low light mode,but it is unable to focus well in low light with or without flash and then i'm back to the blurred problem.
    Last but not least ,Are you pleased with it's performance?
    Thanks..
    If you build it they will comb it.<br />Tim Rolan

artic!

Thanks! I missed that in my search.
    David