Thread: blueberry crop

Wow--what a year for blueberries, it is double the production of previous years. I can not keep up with the picking. Noticed all the wild raspberries, blackberries, and dew berries are super abundant also. Hope that my bees made some good honey from all those blossums.
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

Since you're only an hour and a half drive from me, how did you get all the wild berries and we have absolutely none? All the raspberries and blackberries all dried up before they had a chance to ripen. A local 'pick you own' blueberry farm had a great crop this year but he had to continually water them. His plants were loaded with big bunches of big juicy berries. I picked a couple of buckets and have had some great pies, muffins, etc. and froze enough to last us through the winter (maybe).
    Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken!

Carbide--yestereday my son in law and I picked two and a half gallons of blueberries. If I let the berries go for two days with out picking we get four to four and a half gallons--awesome crop. Black raspberries are twice as many as years past. Can not answer why your wild ctop dried up this year. Maybe we just lucked out with water.
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.