Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've been self employed my entire adult life, on August 19, 1996 the building my business was located in burned to the ground. I had no business insurance, having been assured all my equipment was covered under the insurance of the business I was renting space from. Come to find out, only $3000 dollars of other vendors equipment was covered, which I had to split with another vendor. After much soul searching I decided to rise up, start over, rebuild from the ashes that contained my livelyhood... Hence, the name Phoenix, from the Greek mythological bird, symbolizing the sign of re-birth, rising out of the ashes or flames.

Bjorn is from my wifes families side. Her father is Vagn Predbjorn Jensen, who is a rather distiguished author in Denmark. There is some major debate as to what the "Pred" means, some saying "strong", and a few others that are hard to translate into english. Bjorn is scandinavian for bear. Predbjorn is my wifes middle name, and my daughter. It is also the name given to my bee business, Bjorn Apiaries.

My real name is Mike. And no sense killing that name any more than it already has been. I've also been called "The Frug(cooking skills after the chef, Steve Smith), Doc, the Stork (after my football days), and some other colorfull names not to be mentioned here, but those are people who have never shook my hand or actually have come to know me.

Self explanatory! Real name is Rob Koss. I have a standing offer to buy dinner for any of you should you travel through Mobile, AL (I live there) or New Orleans (I work there).
    Just give me a few days notice!

------------------
    Rob Koss

[This message has been edited by ikeepbees (edited November 18, 2004).]

Sad

Oh how I miss New Orleans. Do I miss the po-boys!

Hello Ikeepbees,

Mobile is my hometown, though I live about 100 miles east of there now. I was visiting a couple of weeks ago, went to the flea market on Schillenger, and went to a fund raiser for USA that night.

LAST weekend, went to New Orleans just to visit, went to Magazine street looking for an armoire, had lunch at Casamento's, breakfast at Croissant D'ore, beignet's and cafe au lait at the Cafe DuMonde. And other assorted luxuries.

Maybe I will catch you next time.

------------------
    It's Not The Destination, It's The Journey. We Cannot Change The Wind, But We CAN Trim The Sails.

[This message has been edited by Sharkey (edited November 20, 2004).]

honeyman46408
    AKA Big Ed Do you still have a cb radio.
    If any of you are CBers and Here the Beekeeper in the Buckeye State That would be me.Oh yes 27.285 (Chanel 28 AM)
    Bob

Wink

beekeeper28 = bee keeper and my birthday is on the 28th day of the month. When I first joined I was in ahurry and so I just typed in the first thing that came to mind and intended togo back later and update my profile or chaneg my name, but never have.

My birth name is Tomas Lee Neal (no "h" so it has the spanish pronoucation)
    my CB handle was bookworm when I was growing and I would ride w/ my trucker Dad (goathead) I was always reading a book as we traveled the roads.

Wink

Mitch
    I still have the first CB that I bought in 1975 and it is in teh truck and the mag mount is laying in the bed I don`t use it much any more or the two meter ham radio next to it CU in the ROOM!

As in Oliver D. Frank. Not Odd Frank, as MB insists, although aren't all of us beekeepers a bit odd?

Wink

odfrank
    That is the general public openion I think.

Wink

I found that a local supermarket was having a sale on granulated surgar (limit 5). I got caught in the checkout lane with about 20 or 30 bags over the limit. (Always use the checkout lane with the newly-hired cashire).I got this tip from a well known beekeeper in the area that I happened to be mentoring with, so I decided to add the #2 to my user name out of respect. Ever since I've been labled as the notorious "sugar bandit of Madison county". I'm currently seeking counsleing for my little problem.

jfischer Guest

> I got caught in the checkout lane with
    > about 20 or 30 bags over the limit.

Here in the mountains of Virginia, such
    a purchase would prompt a visit from the
    polite, neatly dressed, and heavily-armed
    young men from the bureau of Alcohol,
    Tobacco, and Firearms, as this is moonshine
    country.

And yeah, before you ask, there has been more
    than one moonshiner who decided to keep bees
    and use the honey to make moonshine to avoid
    the bulk purchase of sugar.

"The bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms"...
    is this a great country, or what? All the
    good stuff is handled in ONE department!

[This message has been edited by jfischer (edited November 20, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by jfischer (edited November 20, 2004).]

Now lets stay on topic people.

The topic police

Wink

rarely does anyone ever actually call me Dee (and i'm not sure why) but its a short user name so thats why i went with it
    my real name is Deanna Briggs so therefor for all of you who ask -- no i am not Dee Lusby (i do believe she always uses her last name) had i know there was a "Dee" user name here already i probably wouldnt have used it

anyway, have a good one, Dee

------------------
    "Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections."

- Author Unknown -

Big Grin

It's great knowing who some of you folks really are, especially your gender. I sometimes wonder if I'm responding in a post to a man or a woman and hate to say "she then wrote...." when it is a man and vice versa. Still there are some who haven't said one way or another on the gender issue. Are you unknowns gynandromorphs?

>>Are you unknowns gynandromorphs?

I can keep you guessing. My actual name is Dale and I chose Hillside because Hillside Greenhouse is the name of the business I run. It just makes it simple if I use that name for all things internet.

Jeez, haven't been to the Cafe du Monde in about twenty years. I miss going to that part of the world (DH is from that area), but he has no more family connections there, and we haven't been back to visit. Nothing beats a benet on a damp cool N O morning.

>"The bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms"...
    is this a great country, or what? All the
    good stuff is handled in ONE department!

You forgot the "and Explosives", B.A.T.F.E.

Dick, (or Richard)is my name. DickM is to differentiate between Dicka, Dickb ... etc.
    While I've got your attention: Does anyone know why "Dick" is a common nickname for Richard? Mr. Allen?

Dickm

clintonbemrose is just my name with no spaces Clinton Bemrose
    I have a wife and 2 sons over 24.
    Clint

------------------
    Clinton Bemrose
    just South of Lansing Michigan
    Beekeeping sence 1964

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast