Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

well TwT is my initials (Teddy W Tate). its just faster to type in.

[This message has been edited by TwT (edited December 28, 2004).]

Sorry, I guess I am one of the gender andromorphs. Real name Matt McCarrell, real gender Male.
    Systems Admin and Chemist. My workplace is exactly like the movie Office Space. I feel like Dilbert a lot and when I chose the handle I use I was still a lab rat. Now I moved up to computer geek, so I think that's good. Hence chemist (proffesion) bert (cartoon reference).
    Now you know and like G.I. Joe used to say, knowing is half the battle.

Not mutch imagination here, just Ian Steppler, from the great white north, Eh?
    Not much of a typer, or speller for that matter. Ian is nice and short...

Ian

My real name most of you already know is Gary. My daughter is Michelle Kristen I started calling her MIKI and it stuck, then I incorporated it into many passwords (old and unused now). My wife Sylvis is also a member she is TONI our sons name is Antony.

------------------
    Procrastination is the assination of inspiration.

Gary

I plead guilty also to not being very imaginative. Actually, when I first came on board I just used the first thing I happened to think of, which happened to be my first name. Only nickname I get called much is "Stew" (again, not very imaginative).

------------------
    Gregg Stewart

Big Grin

Hi all

Well I have 20 acres near Berkey, Ohio, which I call the Berkey Bee Honey Farm. Pretty pretentious name for what is really just a bunch of weeds (pollen plants), pond, house and workship, with 3 TBH and 3 Langs. I got into beekeeping so I would have an excuse not to mow my lawn and let stuff grow. scared up 19 pheasants in a walk this afternoon.

Berkey, Ohio is a pretty interesting place. Our post office is in the feed store where you can also buy a case of motor oil, horse saddle or some rat poison. Post master gets pretty excited when I get a shipment of bees...

Berkey is also the home of the baker of the oldest fruitcake, although it is now a few miles north in Michigan. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/22/offbeat.fruitcake.ap/

Finally, Berkey is the proud home of Roger Durbin, who convinced our Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur to try and build the WWII monument. http://votemarcy.com/wwiiusa.html

In real life I am a trial lawyer, as you can probably guess since I like to talk (write) excessively

Happy Holidays to all! Hope next year is a sweet one for you!

david

Cool

Oh yeah, my real name is David Zoll, and yes, I am a 53 year old man with a wife and 2 married kids!

Live in Georgia. Name's Steve Nofs. It is a very rare name, but there is a good size contingent of Nofs in southern Michigan. If I'd known how great this forum was when I signed up and that I'd still be reading it 8 months later, I would have come up with something clever.

Grew up in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Went to Virginia Tech. That's where I was introduced to beekeeping. It looked like an interesting elective class and it's stuck with me ever since. I still follow my Hokies pretty closely. Hope there's no Auburn fans here. Married 15 years to a wife who thinks beekeeping is extremely weird but she's very tolerant. My hives are just outside the back door. Got two kids -- 8 and 5.

I am a civil servant at Robins AFB in Warner Robins, GA. Sidewinder missile engineer to be precise. I agree with Chemistbert. Dilbert is not a comic strip, it's a documentary.

Say BerkeyDavid, do you know any good lawyer jokes to share with the group?

Cool

No

Well, since I DO have a lot to hide, and since people are bound to get tired of my Socrates act pretty quick and try to make me drink hemlock, I'd figured I needed a pseudonym. There is an interesting story behind this name that I can divulge without giving away too much information about my real identity....

You see I grew up in Cleveland Heights, Ohio and now live in nearby-but-mostly-rural college town of Hiram, Ohio. Or maybe I don't. Maybe that is just a red herring so you won't find me out...Anyway, one day when I was out fishing a stream that runs behind the College with a professor friend, a gaggle of hippie students came walking by on the path in the woods. I say walking, but that isn't right at all. They were kind of galumphing along, gently flapping their arms and making these ridiculous undulating movements with their necks and backs. These students filtered by, one by one, each more ridiculous than the last, as we gaped and laughed at their silliness.

In the middle of the pack an older Asian fellow waltzed along, making similar motions--though obviously more practiced--and also a strange cooing sound that I guess identified him as the alpha-bird. Apparently this was a visiting professor teaching his asian culture class about some kind of walking tai-chi dance form--and judging from the students' zeal and attentiveness to the cooing, he was grading on this exercise. That's the kind of multi-cultural silliness that passes for higher education these days, even to some extent at venerable 150 year old institutions like Hiram. At the tail end of this bizarre procession came two guys who my friend recognized as members of the Hiram College football team--the first one looked exactly like the bigger, dumber looking "Darrel" brother from the Bob Newhart show. The second one a few yards behind him looked pretty much like the smaller and not quite as dumb looking "Darrel". Anyway, these two were obviously lagging to reduce the number of female eyes on them, and flapping in a completely demoralized manner.

My friend knew these guys and couldn't resist taunting them in their misery. "Why look here, it's Hiram's own version of the Wright brothers, Darrel and his other brother Darrel. You know boys I think Orville and Wilbur had to flap a lot harder than that..." etc..etc....He was merciless--and the Asian alpha bird swooped back to make sure the boys stayed in character, making it all the sillier and more painful for the jocks.

A big dope trying to fly by flapping his arms is certainly ridiculous, but somehow this distorted version of an earth-bound Icarus struck me as just right. So that became my pseudonym-- Darrel Wright.

Cool

Hi all
    Nothing too tricky here first and middle initial. mine my wife first son and second son. stuart charles (astbury),sheri ann, stephen daniel and spencer allen used as screen name on all internet sites.
    scsasdsa@aol.com

Waya Uwasaalisido <a Tsalagi name. And for those of you west of the Mississippi, yes, I know that Waya translates to Wolf, but as we have no wolves here in Alabama, and as coyotes are "recent" immigrants taking their place, many started using that word to discuss coyotes as well.

Not the trickter "coyote" that Coyote describes. coyotes aren't a historic part of our heritage. However, I was pleased to know that some legends reveal that the Creator put Coyote in charge of the welfare of the planet, an asignment that I take seriously.

I also carry the sir name "Gillespie" but that only explains two branches of my vast family tree. (I was proud to hear that my sister gave my neice Gillespie as a second middle name to insure at least one of her ancestor's lineages is remembered.)

Most friends call me coyote as few speak Tsalagi (including me, unfortunately.

demerl51 Guest

Hi Guys,

Well that would be a long story with a new chaper almost every year :> )

Have a great holiday.

Regards
    Dennis

Can I still participate in this since I am a new registered user??

tnt is the initials I would leave on a video game as a kid after making a high score. Tommy- well, you can call me Tom.

Well, my name is Scott. I used to dislike being called Scotty, but everyone does it so as you can see I've gotten quite used to it.

------------------
    -Scotty

Weekly progress of my hive(s): http://bees.total-x.org

Well... "Sippy" is an AFFECTIONATE slang of the great state of Mississippi, of which I am proud to be from despite its history and reputation : )) Bee of course is for my hobby-soontobe-business. "We" are Masha and Clark Burrell. I was intro'ed to beekeeping by a commercial Queen breeder who lives just down the road from me, Russell Apiaries in the ABJ. I am a radiochenist at a nearby Nuclear station/ ex-Navy Nuc operator. My wife is a degreed programer from St Petersburg Russia. We both are doing the bees together, she does ALL the grafting for Mr Russell and will do our grafting also. I build all the woodenware and any heavy grunt work, as my wife is only about 5' tall and maybe 95#'s. I have been searching for something "agricultural" to do since I bought this 20 acres we are on 15 years ago. Have sold gourmet coffees, raised a plethera of different animals including Emu's (don't ask, I don't wanna talk about them : )) Bees offer the freedom I have been looking for for 20 years. All the comments about Dilbert is TRUE... it IS a documentary, not just a cartoon, for those that work in todays industrial settings. Bees will make a person a living, is not a fad, will not go away. I am not afraid of sweat or hard work... what I hate most is ASSININE policy and management techniques of todays business world. Therefore I hope bees will be my eventual answer to the need to eat.. : ))
    There are many great people here on this
    site, and I appreciate all those who posts and share ideas....
    Best wishes to all on this forum.
    Cheers
    SippyBee

Busuke Guest

I am relatively new user, and yet to have my first bees, but I also decided to share. My name is Vladimir Marinov, I am from Bulgaria. (No, Vladimir is not only a Russian name, it is Slavonic).
    I have been living in Japan for more than 6 years now and my wife is Japanese. Busuke is how she calls me when she is being naughty. Ususlly, my friends call me Vlado. BUT, Japanese cannot:
    1) pronounce the sound "v";
    2)pronounce the sound "l";
    3) pronounce two consonants without a vowel between them.

So, Vlado becomes Burado, or Buu for short, which in turn gets extended to Busuke, which I think is a character from some Japanese anime or something. I have a major lack of interest in Japanese anime, so I never asked for details.

Vladimir

My chess rating was around 1800 when I started playing online. My real name is Dan O'Hanlon, and I grew up watching Hawaii 5-0 with McGarrett saying, at the end, 'Book 'em, Danno' So, danno1800 became my online name.

Smile

Now that I have somewhat gracefully reached middle age. I can recall that when my father (who taught me to keep bees) was the age that I am now I thought he was old.(what do kids know) Couple that with a playful twist of being a beekeeper, with bees buzzing about,hence Old Buzzard.
    To further date myself along with insight into my humor, I always appreciated the Beat in The Beatles.

Jerry L. Stowers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast