Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Smile

OK, lets just say the cat is very curious and is about to die. There are a few of us that have unusual names on this board. Some of the names are easy to guess and others are not. So lets share the source of our names. There has to be a story behind the name “wishthecuttlefish”.

Magnet-man is from when I sold neodymium magnets on eBay.

[This message has been edited by magnet-man (edited November 17, 2004).]

Mine is a tough one. I didn't think I had anything to hide, so I just went with my real name.

Ok, Rob Mountain, yes my last name is Mountain, first name Robin.

I suppose I could have used some of my Zulu names.

This thread should be inserting

------------------
    If a job is worth doing - Then do it well

I knew, I really really did, I should have put a qualifier. I had a feeling you would say something like that Michael Bush. Did your package come today?

Well, my real name is Barry, and I figured that could get confusing real fast. Coyote has to do with them being tricksters in Native American cultures.

My real name is Barry. I feel honored that there is another Barry among us. Maybe we're actually the same person, just playing out our different sides? I prefer to be straight up with people on lists like this and not be somewhat elusive with my identity. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough to come up with a good "handle".

How about the rest of you coming clean with real names?

[This message has been edited by Barry (edited November 17, 2004).]

OK Barry here it is.

William Marshall Samples, II (Bill)

Named after my Grandfather. The name Marshall has survived at least 6 generations that I know of. I did guilt my sister into using the name. “But Stephanie you have to make Ryan’s middle name Marshall. Dad is a Marshall, I am, your dead brother was, your uncle is and Grandfather was. You are the only grandchild that has a male son. If you don’t use Marshall the name will die, besides it will make Grandmother and Dad happy.”

Two years later my wife had a son and he is Robert Marshall Samples. We all know where the Marshall comes from.

Cool

My grandmother's maiden name was Beeman.

Wink

Having had many "handles" since 1975 in the CB craz, some people call me " Big Ed " among other things I am the only person selling honey in the 46408 Zip code aera Soooo now you know!!

Edward Rice

Cool

>How about the rest of you coming clean with real names?

That is my real name. Well, actually it's Richard. Like Michael, nothing to hide. Some of these nicknames are a real on gender.

First 7 leters of my last name. Its my computer name. I use it for every e-mail address and every web site screen name. Never found a site where I couldn't use it.
    Just call me Bob
    Robert C. Frohnhoefer

Well, Sharkey is a nickname, but a "real" one. People who knew me prior to , oh... about 10 years ago, know me by "Jim Pruette".

About that time, I formed alittle band with a friend, my wife, and her daughter. They were my backup singers. We lived on Sharkhead Circle, so we thought it would be funny to name the band, "Sharkey and the Vendettas". We did, the name stuck on me, especially after my biker bros picked up on it and started using it.

So........ most of my coworkers and the folks around town and so forth know me for the past ten years as Sharkey. Ta da !!!

------------------
    It's Not The Destination, It's The Journey. We Cannot Change The Wind, But We CAN Trim The Sails.

Dragonflies are very numerous on my gorgeous piece of Texas because of a wooded live creek that runs through it, and if I was told that I had to choose an insect to become, a dragonfly it would be. They start out as water creatures, and morph into creatures of the sky.

No package yet.

I am a jeweler by trade with a custom shop in my home. When I am working with gold I get gold dust on my hands, hence aufingers (gold fingers) It does seem a little out of place when I come in from working with the horses and sit down to set diamonds, look down and see a little horse processed hay on my boots.
    Have a great week,
    Earl White

I own and opperate an indoor shooting range called BULLSEYE!. I answer the phone "Bullseye, Bill speaking", so everyone calles me Bullseye Bill. Except my ridin' bros, they still call me Chaindrive. In the Society for Creative Anachronism my registered rank and title in the college of heralds in England is Duke Syr William V'tavia, K.S.C.A., O.L., etc. etc.
    http://www.sca.org/

dtwilliamson Guest

Just decided to go with my first 2 initials and my last name. First name is Daniel. Siblings and parents call me Daniel. Everyone else I know calls me Dan.

Dan T. Williamson

The source of my name is from a character that I play in an online massive player game called "The Final Challenge". This is a text only real-time role playing game similar to D&D. My character is a walking talking cuttlefish names "Wish". For more information see www.finalchallenge.net or www.mudconnector.com

Kai

Oh yeah, one more thing. My real name is Kai Richardson. And no, "kai" is not short for anything, nor is it a nickname. It's Finnish for "John", or hawaiian for "water" or "ocean", and no, I am not Finnish or Hawaiian, I am just a plain old mulatto from Kensington, Maryland.

Kai

Ok this is an easy one.My real name is Robert Mitchell.Hence i sign Bob and alot of people call me Mitch with a few other ones we wont get into here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast