Anyone out there have ant problems, in the house or other places? I have concocted a recipe that I use in a sprayer and also use as drops for the ants to eat and take home to the queen. It is a slow poison but it will work.

Formula contains 5.4% Boric acid, and 94.6% inert ingredient.

Boric acid 0.324 oz (141.75 grains - gun powder scale measurement)
inert 5.676 oz (2,483.25 grains - gun powder scale measurement)

Inert ingredient = 1 cup sugar + 1 and 1/2 cup water + 2 table spoons honey.

Directions
Bring water to a slow boil and boric acid, mix till dissolve, next add sugar, honey. Keep stirring till all is dissolved on a low flame. Let cool. Place several drops in area where ants are using their trails. Keep feeding them (don't want them to get hungry). Results in 2 - 3 days. All will be dead in 5 days. Stragglers will just be wandering around aimlessly. This poison is made to kill the queen so it is a slow working one but very effective. It kills the whole colony.
As a spray I kick or dig open the colony and spray it with a pump sprayer soaking the whole batch of ants, eggs, etc with the stuff. I do that several times.
I hope this works for you as well as it does for me.
Dan