Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well I THINK they are Merlins. The one I usually see is blue and brown and some other colors. I'm not sure where they nest, I just see them whenever I pass a certain stretch of the road about 200 yards from my house. I looked up pictures of Kestrels and Merlins and I think they look more like the Merlin. I also see what looks more like the Kestrels down the road south of here.

Well I just got a new to me, 70" 40@ 28 flatbow. The bow has a "Bloodwood" grip, Osage belly, Chatke-Kok lamination then a Hickory back. Its a real nice reflex/ deflex all wood laminated bow and really slings an an arrow quick for such a low weight bow. I'm using the bow to perfect my form as I seemed to have developed a bit of bad habits cause I started with heavier bows.

falconry???? I'll have to look into that. What is the licensing for that like?

>Well I THINK they are Merlins. The one I usually see is blue and brown and some other colors. I'm not sure where they nest, I just see them whenever I pass a certain stretch of the road about 200 yards from my house. I looked up pictures of Kestrels and Merlins and I think they look more like the Merlin. I also see what looks more like the Kestrels down the road south of here.

Found a falconer with a Kestrel (and a Perigrine and a Red tail). The ones down the road are way too big for a Kestrel. I'm sure they are Merlins.

Check out Gene's site if your interested in making your own bows!
    www.winterbowshoppe.com

Who wudda thunk it. I thought I was the only traditional bowhunter who liked to keep bees! I have been hunting with a recurve (first a Browning one piece, then a Bighorn takedown, then a Bruin Takedown and currently a one piece Bighorn) since 1983. I enjoy hunting whitetails with it, but my current passion is to use it to take a wild turkey (Eastern where I'm from). I'm playing around with a selfbow I made from red elm, but I'm not sure I trust it enough to take it hunting.