Thread: Ham Radio

Question

How many of the 1000+ Beekeepers on the FORUM are Hams??
    Ed KA9CTT

Always meant to get into Ham radio, but never found the time and the money to do it. I build a code oscilator 37 years ago (and alot of other electronics) and started to learn Morse code, but never got good enough at it.

Jason G in Tennessee Guest

KD4MSI Jason in Clarksville, TN

I haven`t been active enough to keep up with the stuff at Dayton ( never have been )and one of the guys that I used to talk to is WA4JEW in Clarksville

Like everything else, ham radio has changed and not all the change is good. I was active until about 1990, at which point I moved to a place where I could not be active in ham radio or in beekeeping.

Soon I will be moving back to the country, where I'll be able to resume both activities. Both of them have changed a lot in 15 years. While I am looking forward to being able to resume both, I am afraid that I will have a lot of change to get used to.

I'm getting started in Ham radio and was wondering if the people who use it can give me some tips and tricks on operation of hams. once I get my license I would like to talk to some of you guys about bees and what not and would need to know what band to use and stuff.

I know there is three classes of licenseing, tehcnition class general class and extra class. I would like to jump a step and start out in general class, would that be a good idea?

Thank you,
    Joseph
    Jtclassof05@aol.com