As bad as thing are right now we need to get away for a little bit. About a week after the 9/11 attack my wife and I dragged out kayaks out to a small mountian lake and went paddleing. We got to the middle of the lake and just set there for about an hour. No news,radio, papers, just a bird call. Im just hoping for the lake to thaw soon. I could realy use another dose of that water therapy As a ex Navy / Marine medic I'm hoping this ends soon
    Thanks Dan

I'll second that bigtime! I'm in Hillsboro, NH, and virtually NOTHING but the big rivers are open yet, and I only have ocean kayaks. Shouldn't be toooo much longer now. HAng in there is all we can do I guess.

Gary

OOps, just noticed how old this is, but since we are now in Iraq....same principle applies!

Dzug Guest

I love paddling. While I'm in school, I'm working at a paddling shop in VT. I've now been introduced to seakayaking. Love this too. I work at a shop and still can't afford one of those boats! I canoe too.

Doug

I like canoeing does that count?
    Joens

Smile

I like canoeing also but have never abeen white water in a canoe.

Greetings . . .

I'm a quiet-water paddler. Spend lots (but not enough) of early AM or PM/nights on nearby lakes (strip-pits). Half-dozen river trips during summer and sometimes a winter 'cruise' in a canoe. Hope to get to Boundry Waters someday.

Currently restoring a Thompson Bros canvas-covered (1927?). Have a 13' Grumman that floats me and my golden and wanting to paddle my Sandpiper w/ a nuc in the bow.

Sorry, I have a love for paddling that far exceeds my interest in bees.

Thanx for asking.
    Dave W

I'm a whitewater paddler myself. I do paddle some on flat water but mostly doing drills to prep up on a weekend trip here and there. I wanna take my whitewater boat out to the cost this summer and do some 'surfing' which i know some of you guys do in sea kayaks. Any suggestions on the best way to paddle out into the surf and the best way to catch waves???