What's the best book on raising bees? As in queens, nucs to sell, packages?

Brother Adam has written the best book for me (I am very new to breeding bees). Its called something like "Breeding Bees at Buckfast Abbey". The biggest drawback is that this book contains very little in the way of technical procedures, although it more than compensates with its exceptional clarity and detailed descriptions of worldwide breeding stocks.

Probable "Queen Rearing Simplified" by Jay Smith.

This book is difficult to come by, I tryed for 4 years before I found one, but it was worth the wait.

I like Steve Tabers "Raising Super Bees". It is out of print but I found a place in England that still had some. Laidlow's book is also excellent. I find that every book I read on the subject adds something and considering the time it takes to set up a breeding program, the cost of a small library in negligable.
    doug

Better Queens by Jay Smith is also nice.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Ditto on Steve's 'Raising Super Bees'. I've found it very interesting and usefull. (though some of the information is a bit out of date). There were copies showing up on ebay periodically.

-Tim

'Background to Bee Breeding' by John Atkinson (Northern Bee Books, I don't know whether it's available in the States) is good, with lots of stuff about rearing drones. 'Queen Rearing' by Snelgrove, is still well worth a read, and turns up pretty regularly.
    RSBrenchley@aol.com
    Birmingham UK

I put the full text of "Better Queens" by Jay Smith on my web site:

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesbetterqueens.htm
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I just saw "Breeding Super Bees" by Steve Taber listed on the website of Simpson's Bee Supply. I tried to find a copy of this book for quite some time. There was a very expensive used copy listed on Amazon and I finally decided to stop looking and just buy it! It's a good book and I'm glad that I bought it. If anyone is interested in it and Simpson's still has it in stock, it's a good deal compared to what I paid for my used copy.

http://www.simpsonsbeesupply.com/

I was not familiar with Simpson's, but they were mentioned on another thread and I decided to check out their website this morning.

Tim
    You cannot move a grain of sand upon the beach that you do not effect the entire universe.