Sad

Well, how many beekeepers have had problems with this queen supplier???? $126.52 lost in dead queens and 1 year later I am still getting excuses from this supplier.Banned from Bee Culture for not delivering refunds I was told by the magizine. If this is how they do business than they should be bared from all magizines if there is support to this.

I'm not seeing queen, etc for sale on their site. I have no experience with them. Who's the owner/ manager?

Waya
    WayaCoyote

Ed Norman runs alabamafixins . His brother is operating Normans bees and they are like pulling teeth to even get a reply

I bought a couple of queens from Norman's bees this season and they arrived 11 days after shipping but I do not think this was Norman's fault for them most part. They were sent 1st class and should have been in transit only a few days.
    One queen arrived dead, of course, and the other was still alive along with a few attendants. I successfully introduced her to a queenless nuc, but she has been laying nothing but drones for the month and a half that she has been laying. I do not know if that could in any way be due to stress encountered during the long shipment.
    It is indeed very difficult to get ahold of Mr. Norman, as most messages are not returned and there is no email that I can find. The person who answered the phone did say that he had been visiting his mother in the hospital, so I certainly can cut him some slack.
    When I finally did get him on the phone (probably the 5th phone call) he told me he would send me the insurance receipt so I could make a claim at the post office. That was 3 weeks ago and it still has not shown up.
    All in all, I would hesitate to do business with him again, but would be willing to rethink it if others had more positive experiences.
    "I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. " John 10:11

Yes, as you I had every excuse in the book. I also did the insurance claim and sent him down EVERYTHING but I will be 1,000% he never even filed anything. I for one would never do business again with them. I booked early, they were already 2 months late and then after another call they were suposedly shipped. That, shipment took 3 weeks to get here, All dead.

I too ordered 4 queens from this supplier in late July and the took two weeks to arrive; 3 were dead and crispy (along with their attendants) and the 4th queen was alive for about 30 minutes before she died.

My children, 3 and 5 yrs. old, fed the barely alive queen to revive her. Needless to say I wasn't happy. First of all, you order queens because you need them not because you want to play with them!

I am still out my money and queens from ALFixins. Instead of reordering from them I ordered queens from Michael Bush and those queens are doing great!!!
    Keith

If you paid by credit card, file a claim, you could probably get your money back.
    I believe it is the shippers responsibility to file the insurance claim.
    Sheri

[size="1"][ November 26, 2006, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: JohnK and Sheri ][/size]