I just completed my first ever round of queen rearing with the Jenter system. Saturday I checked the 4 capped queen cells in the finisher hive. They looked great, so off I went to build 4 - 3 frame queenless nucs. Sunday morning when I went to move the queen cells, they were all empty, hatched overnight. Figuring I had somewhere between 1 and 4 virgin queens in the hive (I looked and couldn't find them of course), I decided to pull the queen excluder and take the old queen for a nuc. I found a stray queen cell on another frame and took it as well. I figure I have either re-queened the hive with a virgin, or it has plenty of eggs and stores to make another. Next time I will actually use that incubator bar I built.