just wondering if there are any artificial queen insemination kits out there to buy. If there are some out there which ones are the simplest to use. also around how much do they cost.

It's not as simple as it may sound, nor as cheap.
    See: http://www174.pair.com/birdland/Breeding/II.html
    http://www.honeybee.breeding.com/

The Schley Compact Model III with microscope and co2 system will set you back over $2000. It's good but not the simplest to use.

The Schley Model II is better and you supply your own microscope and co2 system. Then add the harbo syringe (highly recommended) and perforated sting hook and you are talking around $3000. It's a bit more expensive but worth it I think (everyone in the class I took that didn't get the harbo ended up ordering one by the end of class)

Then you probably need an incubator on top of that and some lab equipment and supplies plus the classes are very worth time time and every penny.

Not to discourage you, it's a very worthwile tool for queen breeding, but it does take some time and practice to learn and you probably ought to budget $3000-$4000 for it.

Used equipment rairely comes up, though you may find a good used microscope. Just be sure of what you are getting. I ended buying a new 'no name' brand at used prices and am very happy with it.

-Tim

Another thought is get together with fellow beekeepers and split the cost.

I bought my own from Susan and don't regret it at all. I have been 'playing' with the bees for several years now. It is fun and you get to see how well you did. I would recomend that you take the course that Susan offers. There is a lot to know and think about.

Good luck.

Dan

Thanks for the info it is very helpful.