Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have a queen that has never laid a single egg. I've had her for 4 weeks. She came in a swarm. My thoughts and related questions:

If she were an old queen would she not at least be able to lay a few eggs - or do they dry up completely?

If she were a virgin queen that was never mated properly would she not at least start laying drones?

Is there a dearth? Sometimes she doesn't lay because there are no resources. If you think they could possibly be a dearth, try feeding. If she still doesn't lay, get a new queen.

Rarely, I've seen a queen that just doesn't lay at all. In two weeks she should have started to lay. If she hasn't started laying in three weeks she probably never will or she'll start laying drones.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

No dearth. I've dispatched her. Thanks for the advice. BTW - the information on small cells on your website is fascinating and I want to explore this method. Thanks again.

oh gosh urban bee... i dispatched her too soon... i tried queen breeding & i had had a case similar to you. a queen that ddnt lay a single egg after 30 days from her emergence... gave her a lot of nurse bee from other hive... and she started laying a lot of eggs... she doing fine right now.

Michael..
    on "I've seen a queen that just doesn't lay at all. In two weeks she should have started to lay. If she hasn't started laying in three weeks she probably never will or she'll start laying drones"

... I bought a queen from kona hawaii. introduced her to a nucs with 2 sealed brood & ample nurse bee. She lay a lot of eggs... But it NEVER hatched... gor her in June... till now still eggs. no BIAS (brood in all stages) on her nucs. It Septmber flow over her in the tropics, lot of pollen & honey coming in... tried introducing one of her eggs in frame to be incumbated in another colony but to no avail... any reason for a queen that lay a lot of eggs & never hatch? ...consoidering that it came from a commercial breeder... does she deserved to be dispatched... shes an expensive imported queen... uh?>

I've never seen one that lays eggs that don't hatch unless it's in a very small nuc with only a few bees.

I don't know of any other reason than not enough heat or lack of humidity that would keep it from hatching.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF