I have a question. I currently have NWC queens, and although I like them very well, I would like to try my hand at fall requeening, and Strachan does not offer fall queens. I can't seem to find anyone that sells Carnolian Queens, and for that matter, fall queens. Can anyone help? Any suggestions at all would be grateful. Also, does anyone know anything about Midnite Bees? They are a cross between Carnolian and Caucasian. Thank you for your reply's!

>Also, does anyone know anything about Midnite Bees? They are a cross between Carnolian and Caucasian.

If you search on "midnite" you'll find several discussions on the subject. As I remember it Dadant came up with it as a first cross hybrid and York used to breed them. As far as I know no one is doing the first cross hybrids anymore, but someone on the board has advertised Midnites and I'm assuming they are just decendants of the first cross hybrids.

Try www.konaqueen.com or send your request to info@konaqueen.com. They had fall carnolian queens in October, not sure if they still do. See the discussion below.

david

[This message has been edited by BerkeyDavid (edited December 11, 2004).]

jfischer Guest

Send an e-mail to the queen of the NWC
    world, Sue Cobey, [cobey DOT 1 AT osu DOT edu]
    and ask her. I'm sure she knows an NWC
    producer that will sell fall queens.

At risk of sounding like a stalker, I am
    very fond of the ground upon which Sue
    walks, and like her work (and NWCs) very,
    very, very, very, very much.

Good bees.

Thank you guys so much! I will try to contact these people with your info! I appreciate your reply's!!

Try this link for a fall carniolan. www.betterbee.com

As for Betterbee's Carniolans, they will not ship them this year: "WE WILL HAVE THESE AVAILABLE AFTER APRIL 19 FOR PICKUP AT BETTERBEE ONLY. WE WILL NOT BE SHIPPING ANY CARNIOLAN QUEENS THIS YEAR! PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE TO ORDER YOUR QUEENS SO WE CAN BE SURE TO HAVE THEM IN STOCK ON THE DAY YOU WISH TO PICK THEM UP."

Did they mention, or does anyone know why they won't ship queens this year? Have regulations changed? I ask because I ship a fair number of NWC and have had no real problems this past year.

Tarheit, you said you ship NWC queens. How much do you charge? Will you have fall queens? Thanks.