Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buckfast Queens

does buckfast abbey have a web site? I would still like to know why more people dont deal with buckfast abbey to get these bee's to raise and sell beside the weavers, I'm sure people would but why don't they is what i want to know ,is it against the law or something, is it that buckfast abbey will not sell to anyone but the weavers, any info would be good, shoot, I'm wanting to start raising a few queens next year and would love to get some queens from them that wouldn't tear your butt up after the second generation.
    Ted

This is the website of Buckfast Abbey:
    http://www.buckfast.org.uk/

My Buckfast queens are imported from Denmark: Keld Brandstrup. Untill now there are no obstructions by the Dutch gouvernement. I presume you cannot import from Denmark without many inspections and regulations?
    Albert de Wilde, Netherlands

We don't have any inspection process that I've ever heard of. I think there was an 'informal' system of royalties paid to the Abbey - at least when Bro. Adam was around - but I have no idea what 'controls' - if any - were in place. I will ask Peter Donovan about this when I next see him.

My understanding is that we are not allowed to export bees - queens or otherwise. I don't know if or why why the (presumably EC) rules appear to be different for Denmark.

You will find the Buckfast Abbey web site of historical interest only regarding beekeeping. I am planning to put up a new site soonish with some up-to-date pictures.
    The Barefoot Beekeeper http://www.biobees.com

Thanks for the update Buckbee. We need to get you over 30 posts on this site so you can be a "Member" instead of a "Junior Member"!! Thanks Again.
    Todd Zeiner

I'll say we need to get you past that magic number. I'm a member now and I don't even have any hives yet! I talk to much.

Pugs

>I talk to much.

Participation is what makes a board like this work.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234