Yesterday, as I was inspecting a fairly productive hive, I came across a single perfectly formed queen cell. Not wanting it in this hive I took my hive tool and cut it out. It came out without any damage to the cell. It had enugh excess wax at the top of it that I was able to attach it to a small strip of wood that I placed inside a battery box. So here's the question. Once the queen hatches out, can I put here in to a queen cage and place her back into another hive? If so, how long to I have from the time she hatches to get her back into a hive? thanks

This is a question, not advice. If you want the queen to end up in a colony, why not just put the queen cell there and let it hatch there?

What I do (did) over the years is just take the queen cell and attach it to a frame in the coloney you want to requeen. Since you said you have excess wax I would take a tooth pick and suspend the queen cell between two frames. The bees will take care of the cell. You can remove the old queen if you want since then there will be no fighting. It will be, depending on the weather, 5-6 days after she emerges before she mates then another 4+/- days before she starts laying.

I was thinking that to introduce her to a new hive, it should be done slowly. I can't find the queen in the hive I want to re-queen, however she is there, I find some uncapped brood. Just a poor pattern and low productivity.

Ok, fool proof method for queen finding. Got an queen excluder? Well here we go. Put an empty supper on original stand. Now take the queen excluder and place it over the empty box, now place supper with bees and smoke them down. If the queen was in this box she would bee trying to get thru the excluder and you have her. If she is not then the next bos do the same. She will be there somewhere. Good luck.

Now if you don't have a queen excluder us a sheet placed in front of the new box, shake frame after frame of bees onto the sheet. Keep an eye open she will bee seen walking towards the new box.
    Dan

Are there bees in the battery box? Is there some heat source? The queen will not emerge unless the temps stay pretty close to 96 F.