Thread: Carniolan Queen

Smile

I would like to buy a carnolian queen, or at least I THINK I would like to. I have seen some as high as $500 !!!!!!

Any info on this would be appreciated, including what one SHOULD sell for, as well as where I might buy one.

Thank You,
    Sharkey

------------------
    It's Not The Destination, It's The Journey. We Cannot Change The Wind, But We CAN Trim The Sails.

Did you repeat yourself?

>I have seen some as high as $500 !!!!!!
    That is a breeder queen. You would only buy that if you are going to raise your own queens.

Depending on how many queens you intend to buy, you should pay from $8.50 to $12.50 for queens. I get my NWC from Heitkams. You can also get them from Strachens in Ca. or Kona in Hi.

Go to the suppliers page here on Beesource to get the phone numbers and addresses. http://www.beesource.com/suppliers/usbees.htm

I got mine from Koehnen in California and I could not be happier....they are VERY gentle and so far have been very fast buildup......there sales help is top-noch....phone them at 530-891-5216

Wink

Yes, I DID repeat myself, sort of. :->
    Different forums. I have a queenless colony, so I wanted some info ASAP.

Thank you all,
    Sharkey

------------------
    It's Not The Destination, It's The Journey. We Cannot Change The Wind, But We CAN Trim The Sails.

Okay !! Ordered two form Koehn just now. Not TOO bad on the price. I got the queens with attendants for about $15 each and $22 for ups overnight.
    Thanks Again !! :->

Sharkey

------------------

Well......... I tried to post earlier that I had bought my 2 queens, but I am not sure my posts got through. I did it in all 3 forums that I had posted to, and none of them has shown up yet.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I got my queens. :->

Sharkey

------------------